System Pics 2021

There was also a prior generation; the Tablette 50 Sigs, which were great little boxes also.

Small but quality speakers can sound fantastic at the end of a 500 system for sure. I would out of curiosity love to have a play with Magico A1s or Wilson TuneTots in my system. The most musical system I’ve heard for a long time was Falcon LS3/5a’s at the end of a CD5XS (?) and Supernait 3 in a 2x3 metres room. It was terrific! :partying_face: ATB Peter

4 Likes

I’d rather go for the Magico S1 MkII or a pair of second hand Magico Q1 (discontinued).

I auditioned nearly all the Magicos. While the A series have little competition at their price range, the S and M series are far ahead (better tweeter, better crossover, and moreover a lot better enclosure). The S series, and the S3 in particular, is the sweet spot of Magico’s offering.

1 Like

Just read the S3 review Thomas… £36 K, and did you hear me say play?!? :laughing: Best Peter
PS. Has anything been unboxed and plugged in for a warm up yet?

Past and present in perfect harmony :slightly_smiling_face:

38 Likes

Unfortunately not… everything remains packed :pensive:
I didn’t even have the time to place my Naim 500 system for sale on the german Audio Markt website…

But I had an offer for the S3 MkII. I might buy the Magico M2 sooner than expected :partying_face:

3 Likes

Planning to jump into the Magico’s wonderland? :musical_note: :unicorn: :notes:

Every time I see one of these old Naits, I break the 10th Commandment.

3 Likes

Lol it’s a pre I’m afraid :scream:

Well, I will expand my covet zone then! Nice stuff looks great!

2 Likes

Hi Thomas, one thing is playing around with gear another buying at 36 K, I can assure my wife would agree :sweat_smile: Actually happy with my Fact 12s in the context of my room’s inherent limitations, ie the old saying rules:” You can polish a turd, but it’s still a turd!” :wink: Best Peter

1 Like

Thanks, and it’s sounding even more wonderful since I moved it a few feet away from its 110 mate. Surprisingly so. Shame cos they look so much nicer together!

I wonder what a pair of Kii3 / BXT speakers fronted by an S1 would sound like…

1 Like

22 Likes

I owned the none signature Tab 10s back in 2017 old system pic link

https://forums.naimaudio.com/topic.php?oid=73230012276601211&coid=159503632588889

3 Likes

Amazing how we hear things differently PeterR

I tried the CD5XS (as transport ) /Naim nDAC/XPS-2 / Supernait 3/Hicap Dr fronting the Falcon LS3/5a’s

Did not do it for me at all

Each to their own, no right or wrong

2 Likes

Sold everything and went minimalist. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

35 Likes

Hi Wren - Thanks for the reply and you impressions of the CD5si. I considered the unit in August but decided on a pre-loved NDAC. I still may make the time to audition one to make a fully informed decision.
Kind regards

Really small room

Who does your carpentry?
It looks first class.

1 Like