System Pics 2021

‘With all due respect” the phrase often used just before being disrespectful…

10 Likes

Sorry sir
This was not my intention at all …

4 Likes

Here here I have mild symptoms of the dreaded tinnitus ( noisy industry and age related) upgrading is always tempting. However there comes a point when will that top flight Naim system really sound stunning compared to present setup :thinking:. If so for how long before tinnitus gets worse or age related hearing loss.

Domestic harmony also needs to be maintained, buying expensive HiFi for a domestic environment will nearly always be a compromise. It would be nice to afford a large house with dedicated listening room :smiley: alas not everyone can afford that luxury.

4 Likes

Wasn’t the IKEA LACK table a common LP12 support at one point?

5 Likes

Yes, I guess because the laminated chipboard meant it was relatively rigid while being lightweight and dissipated energy quickly.

People who have considerations other than HiFi. My HiFi has to fit around my life and family. All my cheap HiFi is on IKEA.

11 Likes

Not me, but we must Not generalize.
Some do.

what I don’t accept is a reputable brand dealing with a recurring case, as if it were unique

2 Likes

‘With all due respect’ - just remember we are all individuals here, who can (and should) make their own choices. It far too easy to criticise others for their decisions - which may be guided by their finances, their family, their house - or many other things… :thinking:

Lets try to be a bit ‘nicer’… Please…? :slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

In @RackKit ’s case, the Besta holds the AV stuff. The main system sits on Fraim. Ikea make some very nice looking stuff at affordable prices, it’s simply that the build quality isn’t what it might be. But then again, you can’t expect to get Ercol quality at IKEA prices.

4 Likes

I agree Rack. I still vividly recall seeing them in maple at their “launch” many years ago at the Bristol show. Their shape was staggeringly beautiful especially in comparison to much of what had gone before at that time and I reckon it was that moment that drew me into Naim! Many years later I was fortunate enough to acquire a pair. Oh and they sound pretty damn good too!

1 Like

The nearest we get to a current ‘Naim speaker’ is probably this. It could be called progress…

3 Likes

We moved in 6 months ago, refurbishing the upstairs bathrooms, bedrooms and landing are priority. This is a temporary solution. However, maybe due to more space around the speakers, solid floor/ walls or something else, it sounds great.

18 Likes

Fab colour! They’d match my orange Brompton very nicely…,

3 Likes

I’m not keen on the black version but I do like the orange. You’d need the right room and furnishings of course. An orange Brompton sounds great.

1 Like

Wonderful

Exactly this.

It does it’s job (glass aside) for the AV units & other bits. I’d like to get something bespoke built but the cost would more than I’m willing to spend.

TBH, if I had the skills, tools, space and time, I’d love to build my own. The recent DIY speaker build threads have been inspiring.

1 Like

I’m sorry for the impression you’re got from my response,
Since I do not know the faucets of the English language at its core, I thought it appropriate to use this wording, it is not clear to me why it is considered by you, as something disrespectful / aggressive.
At my age, it does not seem appropriate to me, to receive sermons on manners …
To the substance of the matter-
I would not “match” IKEA, furniture, with expensive electronic equipment.
Obviously, I do not want to go into anyone’s pocket. But you don’t have to purchase expensive dedicated furniture, stable and massive, furniture which also fits into the space of the house and passes the management test, which can be found in any serious furniture store, will do.
have a nice day

3 Likes

I have no idea… I’m not a vinyl fan.

I give up… :expressionless:

I tried to explain, without offending or attacking anyone, but - by this response - I failed.

Maybe this sums up the Internet, these days…? Just a series of misunderstandings & misinterpretations.

1 Like

I don’t think it helps when English isn’t everyone’s first language. I love the term ‘with all due respect’. It was used a lot when I used to work, and it invariably meant ‘you’re talking complete bollocks’. It’s quite appropriate on the Forum really!

Anyway, I like Rakkit’s IKEA bench.

4 Likes