System Pics 2021

Luxman and Omega

58 Likes

The power of the simplicity :+1:

1 Like

Great system. :+1:

I recently became the happy owner of a NDX2, but I’m still hanging on to my now vintage Quad ESL’s. Because I feel they are still the closest approach to the original sound. I wonder if there are any other people that still listen to Quad ESL’s in 2021? And if they did in the past, but not anymore, which speaker replaced it?

59 Likes

Hi Joost, lovely colour matches in your room :+1:t3: ATB Peter

W6kdookeq1

Nice e-mail received this morning from Steve Emberton, photographer, confirming that yes, he took the photo at Earls Court in 1976.

4 Likes

Just wondering, how do the bass and midrange respond considering that your Signatures are close to the rear wall? Many people said that you need at least 1.5 - 2 meters. I believe yours must be around 1 meter far from the rear wall.

I love the main artwork! Who is the artist if you don’t mind me asking?

1 Like

It is from the Mexican painter Jorge Alfonso. t was used for a popular soap on the Mexican tv about a painter. It depicts the party for the connection to the power grid of a village in Chiapas, when the technicians did not get the electricity to work after a speech by the mayor about progress reaching the village.

The same question was about to be posted by me, really nice painting.

:joy::see_no_evil:

Hi @Blacknote, they are 0.92m from the back wall. I have my listening position 1.0m from the rear wall, with the speakers 2.0m apart, putting the speakers and listening position in an equilateral triangle. I find this works very well with creating a very immersive soundstage and it sounds really nice. For some recordings I have to turn the sub off though, if the extra bass becomes too much - I have the sub set pretty low.

I’ve had the Planar 8 for a couple of years. The skeletal foam plinth is so small that would be very hard mark it as it’s barely accessible.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @Mike_S, I’m glad that the distance is totally fine. In this case I think I might plan to get the Forests in the future (however I need to change a few things before that).
What about the distances with your Hawks?
My Sky Towers are 0.75 m far from the rear wall and are 2 m far from each other (speakers and listening position are in an equilateral triangle as in your case).
When I bought the NDX 2, I had to move them forward in order to get a more neutral bass and midrange, as well as a wider and cleaner soundstage.

The Hawks are 0.78 from the rear wall and 2.4m apart (due to furniture positioning and are now in the lounge - I have swapped systems between rooms. (BTW, the Hawks are no longer listed on the Totem website, so they may have been discontinued?):

36 Likes

And the final verdict on SQ is….?

Morning light

74 Likes

It’s covered over at this thread @NigelB

Loving the room. The floor. The colour of the walls. The view out the window.

5 Likes