System Pics 2021

This triggered a memory. Very offtopic now, apologies. Thought about it and realized I used that cabinet in a 3d render I once made for our previous living room:

20 Likes

Nope. Took a look at all the reviews and just went for it. Great service from the company in terms of order updates and really quick delivery.

G

1 Like

How far are those 606s from the rear wall, could I ask please?

Also, out of curiosity the PMCs you tried, when you say they overwhelmed the room, was that sonically or presence wise?

Pictures with better resolution

27 Likes

Not sold by Tesco or Screwfix… :smiley:

Tres bien rooster…

(Or “trez beans” as we would say to tease our Belgian bonne maman - she would huff and wave her hand dismissively and leave the room shaking her head for having such silly grandchildren.)

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:
A quoi servent toutes ces boites? She could say

Waiting for hotter days to drink white wine.
( tend to go red on cold ones)

Nice system. :+1:

2 Likes

You still pay the premium for getting an original?! :sweat_smile:

Agreed: its excessive. However, only the ones who desires specifically this , will pay. Again, it’s premium. Not basic need.

Great, thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Michel,

Great looking K6’s in Black… never seen them in that finish before. Fits your space beautifully. The Signatures relocate several of the drivers and use a different (larger) mid-dome driver. I absolutely love them, a perfect match for my 500 series system. I am tempted to try a tube amp as I’ve read ProAc’s love tubes. Standby.

2 Likes

I needed to look ‘esurient’ up! What a great word. This year’s thread has nothing to be with me, I’m happy to say. That Eames house is simply stunning - I’ve never seen it before. I love some of the Eames designs - the whole mid century look is hugely appealing. It’s a bit beyond us, but we have ordered an Ercol Originals nest of pebble tables, which I’m very much looking forward to. Most of their stuff is imported nowadays but the Originals are still made in the UK.

3 Likes

Very nice FR. Lovely room and an interesting mix of equipment too. Love your EAR preamp :+1:

1 Like

Funny what we prioritise, given the level of investment in a lot of our systems. That said, I also do not own one of these. :slight_smile:

It’s interesting to read the story of the Eames House. It was originally intended as a ‘Bridge-House’ as one of the Case-Study Houses and the steelwork ordered for that variant.

G

Hi DJM. This is interesting if this was the case yet the 606 work ok so close to the rear wall and firing downwards vs the transmission line of the PMC. Why do you think that was?

1 Like

Thanks James :blush:

System before it was Fraim’d - photos of that to follow.

I had some B&W 800D3 - which I sold - so ended up using my office speakers, while I waited for the Kudos. Slightly different look! …these are Eclipse TD725 Mkii - VERY distinctive sound.

63 Likes

Spartacus?
French Cabasse speakers?

1 Like

No - these are Eclipse TD725 Mkii - very accurate, single point drivers. Nor exactly as much bass as you’d imagine!

And yes - that’s (I’m) Spartacus!

2 Likes