System Pics 2021

Great room, looks fantastic. :+1:

1 Like

You mean look! :joy:

1 Like

No Iā€™m Spartacusā€¦

3 Likes

Indeed! ā€¦but they are as close as youā€™ll get to a Headphone sound without using Headphones! ā€¦super levels of accuracy and speed - recordings stripped bare - all very interesting, but I bought them for how they look in the office (with DAC-V1 and NAP100) and thatā€™s where they will stay!

2 Likes

I canā€™t resist. Iā€™m Spartacusā€¦

2 Likes

:astonished:

:ok_hand:t5::sunglasses:

1 Like

All that gave me the desire to see ā€œ I am Spartacusā€. I probably watched that movie when child. I realise that it was Stanley Kubrick movie.

3 Likes

Like a replica?

With your speakers I always feel like youā€™ve got left and right reversed.

They sound very sharp too :+1:

1 Like

Ah, itā€™s funny, I have never thought of that. Apparently I prefer the open vs closed look.
Just took a look at how they are demonstrated. Same as me. But I donā€™t think it would change something.

11 Likes

To be honest @popeye, Iā€™m not 100% sure. It is a known fact that they are quite forgiving when it comes to placement and are happy close to a back wall.
Personally, aesthetically I didnā€™t like them. They created the illusion, that it looked like they would topple over. In my room which is only 11ā€™ 4ā€™ā€™ wide, the bass was very boomey. They were about 8" from the back wall, as are my Titan 606ā€™s.

4 Likes

The 606ā€™s are 8" from the back wall. I would like them further out, but my room is only 11ā€™ 4" wide. Not sure about the 707ā€™s and the 808ā€™s, but the 606ā€™s are very forgiving when it come to room placement. One of the reasons why they are so popular.
Yes, the bass was overwhelming, so was their presence. This only my personal opinion.

2 Likes

Iā€™m not Spartacusā€¦but I played him on TV.

2 Likes

Last Year I saw ā€œThe Shiningā€ (also Kubrick movie) in UHD quality, amazing experience.

2 Likes

Many years ago I was talking to the guy who designed speakers for HiFi World, he told me that imaging is improved by having the drive units close to the inside edge of the cabinet so that way round would make sense to me

I donā€™t know, but have spent so many hours on speakers positions in my room to know what works best in my room.
My dealer was involved too.

Here is my system with my old speakers - Bowers and Wilkins 800D3 - before I changed to the Kudos Speakers as seen slightly higher up this page :relieved:

32 Likes

How do you think the Kudos 808s compare to the B&Ws?

1 Like

Interesting question. The Kudos are more musical for sure - better at communicating emotion etc. The top end isnā€™t as crystal clear as the B&W - and female voices on the B&W are something to behold.

The Kudos are less ā€œimpressiveā€ sounding, but itā€™s about music isnā€™t itā€¦and here the Kudos are street ahead. They also pack a punch and groove like the B&Ws just canā€™t.

I personally prefer the design of the B&W as a piece of furniture. My wife is the other way around, so thatā€™s fine. Sheā€™s a big fan of the Kudos look and sound - no other speaker has ever given her goosebumps (real ones!) like the Kudos do!

11 Likes