System Pics 2021

Damn! Did I kill this thread? I’ve never known it go so quiet? :joy:

3 Likes

I do like the look of that rack, very nice. Does it improve the sound.

OK. To keep things going here my modest setup: UQ2 with Raspberry Pi-based Roon endpoint and Neat Iota Alphas. I am planning to upgrade the UQ2 and have a 2nd hand Naim DAC on the way. Exciting times.

20 Likes

Thanks, I think it does, although I changed so much at about the same time that it’s difficult to tell what is exactly due to what. The main reason I bought that style is that I was able to have it built so it fits on top of my other major piece of furniture. Not having any floor space really available to have it on it’s own.

1 Like

Revamping my system and will include photos shortly

Your puzzle received 42 “likes” already, people must still be in awe.

Ha! My one cautionary note for people is that the size is not as advertised, which caused frustration around buying the frame! It’s 30" x 20", not 70cm x 50cm.

At least the consequence of working in two systems of units didn’t crash your puzzle into Mars! (And v glad they resolved it for Perseverance)

Nice photo, Neil!!

Regards alan

1 Like

Nothing new, just moved the Core and Qutest onto the spare level.

45 Likes

Nothing new here, really just a shot with both my Sony ES DVD player and Sony CD player installed)

14 Likes

Blok stands? If so have they started doing sensibly sized sized risers? When I bought mine they didn’t

1 Like

Thanks Alan… Yes, no crashes…

1 Like

Yes. Custom order to get all the risers the same size. They even delivered them themselves which was a nice touch. Fraim would be a bit too wide and these get the seal approval from Mrs Marksnaim. The Stillpoint minis don’t look too daft and go a decent way towards clawing back the performance advantage of Fraim. Worked out considerably cheaper too.

Rearranged my rack tonight after adding a PSU to
my recently acquired Supernait 2, which is great.

Need some cable tidying at the back but have a new cable for the SN2/PSU and a new mains cable coming for the PSU too next week - will do it more thoroughly then.

Amp at final stage I need it to be now (moved from
2020 Nait XS2/FlatCap 2X a few weeks ago).

22 Likes

What’s the box beside the Nat 01? SNAXO?

Must be 01 PS

2 Likes

I think I’ve worked out what went wrong at Naim HQ…

32 Likes

Looks great Mark. The CB is a great match with the newer black boxes and it’s always nice to see Bricks and an LP12!

1 Like

Very well played!

Awesome, when I bought mine they were unable to make custom sizes but were super helpful getting a couple of glass tops without the hole in so the Orbe would sit on top. I had to make my own custom sized ones in the end. I’ve always intended to buy some glass to use as sub shelves like Fraim but am waiting to move house first

1 Like