System Pics 2022

Do not be a snob! Ikea does its job and works well for many users…

Hey… a system pic

42 Likes

…and another pic!

57 Likes

Nice plinth.
What wood is that?

Rega planar 8 test

32 Likes

Yes, I fully agree. The ball bearings from a local plumber shop had already a little depression in the middle. It is sufficient to prevent lateral displacement (we currently have no pets and no small children). The Uniti Atom is additionally stabilised by the cables that run past the TV bracket on the right and left. In the original thread it was suggested to widen the recess to get more stability. You can have a look here:Support for Glass1 and here:Support for Glass 2

1 Like

You are right. I bet Ikea are scratching their heads on why they are selling vast amounts of these chopping boards. :thinking:

3 Likes

Thats a very nice telly too!

My experience of IKEA, and I admit it’s limited to one visit, was of walking a long way on a winding route past a lot of stuff that was of no interest, seeing something that might have done but thinking I might find better but when I didn’t it was a hell of a job to go back against the flow for a second look. In the end I found what I wanted elsewhere and have never ventured into IKEA again.

4 Likes

True - we live a long way from the nearest Ikea so anything we need we order and they deliver. All these chopping boards came in a pretty heavy box. I’m not a fan of the in-store experience that much.

The other IKEA items we have are a range of Kallax storage units and this very comfortable chair purchased second hand locally.

10 Likes

I ordered 11 in total of different sizes - they must think I do a lot of cooking😁

1 Like

Or chopping :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Nothing changed and still sounding very good. Or perhaps someone can spot the difference

11 Likes

Tidy.

2 Likes

Love the cable lifters/organisers. They look better than any commercial ones I’ve seen :+1:

3 Likes

Ah, you need to look at Ikea differently, I walk about thinking “now what can i use that for?”

So far I have repaired the GRP bumper on my motorhome with stainless steel bars bought from the kitchen department, I have made oak veneered open baffle speakers with stainless steel stands from cabinet panels and other parts, a portable satellite receiver dish positioning motor unit and tripod from aluminium parts obtained there, and most recently a stylish ‘lean back’ support frame to hold my rack mount ‘helix guitar amp modeller’ from the beautifully curved timber from a chair frame. Ikea can bend wood much better than I can, plus I am sure that there are other things too!

Ikea is just full of wonderous stuff at sensible prices that can be made in to other things that you do need, you just have to have vision.

40 Likes

I know that chair very well! :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Ikea Nolmyra, cheapest one with ideal wood profiles. Needed a little bit of modifying mind.

I’m keeping the metal frame, it might come in useful to make a handle for a trolley one day!

3 Likes

Fabulous! I love seeing this sort of lateral creative thinking.

1 Like

Not in vain, and for some reason it will be, the midrange drivers in the K6 and K8 are the incredible soft domes from ATC, conveniently adapted to the ProAc signature…

18 Likes