System Pics 2022

Sehring speakers, aren’t they? I’ve ownership a couple of S701’s many years ago … very good speakers. Die to a house move, I did not had the space to set them up properly hence I’ve moved away from them

707 in partial sun.

42 Likes

Aavik I-280 replaced Audionet SAM. Adjusted my box order and cable dressing as well: left side: NDX2, right side: XPS DR.

31 Likes

Giving the MK2 Gurus a run out replacing the Mk1’s.

Sounding very good on the Audiolab juiced system, which also seems to have resulted in an improvement in the sound from the Yam streamer even though it’s not directly connected to it.

Apollo transport, MF Dac and Densen pre / power all on their dedicated DC Blocks now.

17 Likes

Thanks. The cable lifters are there predominantly for tidiness and to allow the Roomba to pass underneath :slight_smile: I didn’t try if it makes an audible difference nor do I care too much, but it feels good to have done what I can.

These ones you see in the pictures above are two door stoppers on top of each other. There are also foam yoga blocks behind the TV furniture to lift the cables there. You can find more details of my frankly impressive :wink: cable management in an older post, link below. I’ve cleaned it up a bit more since then.
NACA5 stiffness is perfect for this

3 Likes

Yes, the new Sehring S913, they are fantastic. Interesting you also know of them and even owned some, we are a small and exclusive club :wink: The Sehring factory is just a few minutes from me by bike and Stefan Sehring is a great guy. I’ve had them for 6 months and loving them.

Pics from setup:

3 Likes

Been moving the KC-62 about and some slight tweaks on the Meta positioning, sounding super tight now.

Loving the MusicCast function to link streamers together, Thom Yorke now simultaneously playing in cabin and main listening room and chilling in the garden.

26 Likes

ATC SCM40 in the evening sunlight.

34 Likes

Um, I know I’m new, but . . . did you all skip the page in every owner’s manual that says “avoid direct sunlight”?

4 Likes

We are not living in caves, lantern :slight_smile: and indeed who reads manuals these days.

7 Likes

All it can do is change the veneer or paint a bit, not going to live in a bunker to avoid it :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

All speakers benefit from some vitamin D. :wink:

5 Likes

They look ‘grooved’ , Groovy speakers?

2 Likes

Sunlight showing up dust and tatty foam. I dusted on Sunday believe it or not. :persevere:

12 Likes

Recognise that. Hifi systems are dust magnets. I try to keep up dusting the lot biweekly. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Mark,

Can’t we have a proper picture of your Briks? Would love to see them.

2 Likes

This looks really smart. Love the look of Aavik stuff.

1 Like

Look at the top replies in his profile.

1 Like

Just the foam decaying. Had the problem with the Briks and the Saras when I had them. The decaying foam just went everywhere.

No Naim in this shot of my new little office space, but they get too much love already in other rooms throughout the house :slight_smile:

I hadn’t taken the time to set up an office space in the home we moved into in Nov. 2020… finally got around to it recently. New Mac Studio, and because I can’t live with mediocre sound, got a pair of used KEF LSX Active Speakers. I can’t really imagine a better near field listening experience… The KEF’s are great. And it’s fun to listen to them, and then pop over to the larger rig in the larger listening space. I think that aspect makes me appreciate both systems more.

17 Likes