System Pics 2022

250 with Kans, classic combo!:+1:

2 Likes

It’s almost as if the piano was in the room.
Happy new year to you and New York

1 Like

SN2 / CDX2.2 / NAP250 DR / HiCap DR / XPS DR

66 Likes

Love the Robin Day chair.

1 Like

Nice to have the tree out of the way - happy new yr y’all

44 Likes

Happy new year everbody.
In our small, clear system, there have been two improvements since last year.

• the Quadraspire stands under the Vienna Acoustics Haydn have been replaced by Solidsteel SS-6 - a big improvement in SQ. They are still new and will soon be filled with Basalt felsic sand. I may also replace very small spike bases….
  • the Uniti Atom is now on a 10mm glass plate on silicone nitride ball bearings (thanks @Xante for the tip). SQ is very much detailed now
    and with improved spatiality.
    All just a small system compared to others in this therad. But we listen every day and have a lot of fun with it.
    Greetings from Switzerland

65 Likes

Happy new year everyone.

Current situation in our house…

• Something old - our classic 1980-90’s system
  • Something new - new room / new home
  • Something borrowed - Innuos Zen Mini mk3 + LPSU
  • Something blue - “The Blue Nile” playing.

The Innuos Zen Mini mk3 + LPSU is just on home loan, over the holidays.

p.s. First photo done square for you @Mr.Tibbs :wink:

65 Likes

Happy new year all, a lot of music and health and little corona for 2022

22 Likes

Happy new year to you all!
System as of today, even though the 552 will be replaced soon…

53 Likes

Very nice. Happy new Year too. What‘s your experience with Innuos Zen Mini mk3 + LPSU compared to CD-Player?

Shrewd question

The Zen mini is a pleasure to use. The UI is very easy.
Rip CD’s and play them from archive. Simple.
Or stream from Qobuz or Tidal platforms. We’re using Qobuz.

In our case, we would like to access our 1000+ CD collection, ideally from shoe size boxes, to fit with the Naim olive boxes. But the SQ is also important.

We’ve experimented with
(1) Zen Mini only → analogue out
(2) Zen Mini + LPSU → analogue out
(3) Zen Mini + LPSU → nDAC

At its best, through the nDAC, we find it impressive. (Relative to cost).

Actually, we think the Zen Mini is fab. On its own it’s a reasonable product and works well for our needs. SQ is fine too. Adding the LPSU improves SQ a little. Fills out a little more detail and more control in the bass. Although it adds another box, we are thinking it’s worthwhile.

Comparing to our CD5XS, I think the CDP has the slight edge. Just. But, if we were searching for better server playback, we would probably be looking at the larger siblings Zen or Zenith.

Context…
We intend to use the CD5XS + nDAC in another room, which will also be the location for our CD collection. So we’re looking for a simple way of playing our CD’s in this room. It needs to be good SQ, not necessarily very best. We think it meets that requirement. We’ll probably use the analogue output, into the NAC72 Pre-amp. It’s good enough. The fact the Zen Mini is also a streaming product is a bit of a bonus.

Hope that helps explain.

KR
R

8 Likes

What finish is that?

Looks rather swish

What a sacrilegious statement …:wink:

It’s oak, I have played a bit with the image, my nikon made the colors richer and I prefer them less pronounced, so it went to photoshop first.

1 Like

ah thanks for replying

best wishes

1 Like

Thank you for the quick and detailed response and assessment. This is very helpful for me. I am thinking of replacing my Vincent CD player (currently coaxially connected to the Uniti Atom as a CD transport) with a ripping solution. Innuos Mini seems to be a good and inexpensive solution. I will try…

1 Like

1 day into 2022 no changes same as 2021

ND5XS2 / MScaler / Dave sounds well what can I say bloody awesome :ok_hand:

46 Likes

Yep, I just hauled five large Naim boxes across town to a new house (plus speakers, stands, racks, switches, servers, extra PSUs, etc etc.

My last move was in 2017 when my system was NAC32/NAP110 plus a Chromecast. So much easier on the back!

Spent most of yesterday reinstalling my beloved babies. Later this week I plan to find time to unpack my clothes.

Worth it? Yes! Nova? Never!

Pics to follow. Happy New Year to all.

5 Likes

You’re better than me I usually get my dealer to do that, however this move I’ll be about 3 1/2 hours away not sure if he’ll be so keen. :rofl::rofl:

It’s always rewarding that first sit down and listen after a move. Enjoy.

2 Likes

clothing is overrated

3 Likes