System Pics 2022

Get some more vinyl @DrMark. Simple solution :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Beautiful turntable :grinning:

2 Likes

Awesome little receiver! One of the lights is burned out though. :wink:

Hi @Ryder35, I see that you the Brinkmann nyquist mk ii. Any idea how does it compares to the NDS or ND555 in term of SQ?
Thanks

Welcome to the club, Andrew.

Cool turntable!!

1 Like

Sorry I have not compared. I got it when I had a vitus integrated with no Naim in the system. It did demo it at home against the vitus stand alone dac and the dcs Bartok and preferred it to those. It is on the warm/less detailed side which I prefer as I find other dacs (especially sabre based ones) to be a little brittle and harsh in the top end. I thought I would be selling it and getting a ndx2 with PS but having lived with it in my Naim setup (282/250) it is staying I think😊

2 Likes

Been a productive couple of hours re routing all the cables to accommodate 2 more Audiolab Dc-Blocks, have given the cabin a good clean too.

14 Likes

That turntable is an absolute beaut.

2 Likes

NAC 252/NAP250DR/NDX2/nDAC/SuperCapDR/XPS-DR (the PSUs not in pic because…well, they’re black boxes :laughing:)
IMG_4729

32 Likes

Grew up as a Marvel comics fan ('Nuff Said?).
Envious of your man-cave, but the stuff in the foreground looks like far too much hard work for me.
Love the Thor and Spidey posters. What is the other one hung mid-way between them. Can’t quite make it out.

Love the rack, but why have the upstands of the 2nd shelf down missed the grooves on the 3rd shelf?

1 Like

Think you’ll find it’s a reflection!

2 Likes

Dohhhh!
:roll_eyes:
Of course it is! I must be having a senior moment.

1 Like

Exactly. It does look like it, though. It’s weird.

1 Like

Had me looking twice as well !!!

1 Like

Funnily enough you’ve just made me think, some of those weights I’ve had since I was 13, that’s 39 years.

Although I’ve upgraded various parts I’ve never found myself saying “these new 10kg weights are much heavier than the old 10kg weights ones they’ve joined.”

Taking the proverbial out of myself having put more power in front of the power in the cabin today.

1 Like

That leg/slot interface on the second level. I can’t figure it out.

What gives? :flushed::thinking:

1 Like

The bottom two shelves are different to the others. The slots are in a different place and the wood is different too. Maybe they are homemade shelves with the slots in the wrong place.

My new system, in my bachelor apartment. It’s the second system, more humble.
Acapella Sparon Excalibur “ discrete “ speakers, known as the WAF speakers. 3000 pounds each.

38 Likes

@Wren – I have an A20 headphone amp, great little unit, especially with Beyerdynamic cans…

1 Like