System Pics 2022

I gather it’s not a simple as popping in a £30 part though. There are modifications to be made and it has to be aligned?

1 Like

Properly tested first - an awful lot of the new VAM mechs out there for sale on sites like eBay etc. are poor quality and just not worth buying.

3 Likes

I’ll take the Rory Strat thanks👍

Not if I get there first!! :rofl:

Update of my modest system. Cranking LCD Soundsystem’s American Dream…so good.

88 Likes

Nice room :+1:

5 Likes

just installed my first Naim Fraim to use in my Olive system. Two of the five levels are Lite. I had not imagined it would have such a big impact on the sound! Much improved separation, clarity and flow. It was like when I installed the Karosel bearing on the LP12 but more. I now ordered one more level.

47 Likes

Hi @Josaa,

The Fraim looks great and I’m glad you can hear the differences.

Another Fraim level will look even better. Lovely system.

1 Like

Great looking room. Enjoy.

I like the speaker platforms. Simply great! And of course the scratching post :joy: does it work to distract the cat from scratching the good stuff?

I also notice some illegal modifications on the bottom plane of the rack :face_holding_back_tears:.
Also like the separation of source and power amps … obviously some thought went into the system. Awesome.

What are the cyrus stuff?
Also the Linn thingy?

Just curious :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

10 Likes

I’ve got some fabric speaker covers for when not listening to protect them from scratching

The Cyrus boxes are the phono stage (signature and psxr2)

Illegal psu temporary until I get round to getting a kosher one

1 Like

Yep my parents cat always scratching the wrong stuff, even if the scratching post is just there.

1 Like

And the two boxes down right are the power amps?
Do they affect the phono stage? How do you manage transformer induced vibrations? Is it actually a problem?

The older cat has made it his ambition to destroy my home made bass traps on the opposite side

3 Likes

Ours does the same with the sofa :joy:

1 Like

That looks really nice, Jossa. Enjoy it!

1 Like

All I can think of looking at the photo is nail clippers. :flushed:

2 Likes

Gone back to first principles

45 Likes

Nice!:sunglasses:

1 Like

All I had a few months ago was uniti star :man_facepalming:t3:

40 Likes