System Pics 2022

Something i designed in oak with granite shelving and all components on Stillpints. Not bad but Fraim much better…

15 Likes

Thank you. It looks like very nice shelving

It is now serving in my office system:

29 Likes

Maybe I will replace all my system with only that, Ixoos Bluetooth speakers from Modena, Italy ? So fun to look at.

6 Likes

Special attention to exhaust‘o‘phonics

Pete beat me to it, but great room! I also recognize that lovely shade of grey outside. lol

1 Like

Non exhaustive if you have lost your phone.

If only they would charge more than $25,000 for it - I would feel so cheap if I had it at that price… :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Currently a pair of JBL L52

I do have some Mk1 Kans with the original stands but the cabinets have picked up dings, water marks and even a burn from a tea light candle in their lifetime so need some work before considered acceptable in the living room.

13 Likes

Are they transmission line?

1 Like

Gorgeous. I’m planning on L52 or L82 for our new dining room. Exactly the right look for the room we have planned.

I recognise it’s a joke, however have no idea at how really a transmission line works in a car engine. But maybe if you explain the risk is to have complaints….

It’s really just a reference to the tubes that look like exhaust pipes. Both transmission line loading a speaker and a performance exhaust system use a tuned length. One to damp the resonance of he driver, the other so that the negative return pressure wave helps draw the next charge of air/fuel mixture into the cylinder during valve or port overlap.

1 Like

Funny you should say that. This is a stripped-down system for the family to use with the intention that I repurpose another room in the house for my “collection” of other sources and kit.

Everything is boxed up until that happens but the more I listen, the less I feel the need to unpack…

It took me a while but during the lockdowns I realised that a simple integrated amplifier is all you need. No need for 2 boxes plus power supplies and lots of leads. Contented.

3 Likes

Hi all.
This is the first photonof my gear I have uploaded. The Technics equalizer does not has an output cable connected (except for the cassette deck), and use it only to see the bars dance with the music :sweat_smile:.

The speakers, not shown in the photo, are PMC Twenty5.26 with Naca5 speakers cable.

25 Likes

My Hiline lost a channel again so fitted my spare.

Bugger!

I only have one Hiline box, the other is the ND555 accessory box so they’ll go back one at a time. This one is at least still preferable to a Lavender on the ND but I’m starting to consider a Morgana.

9 Likes

That hi-fi tower is certainly not bonsai. :smiley:

2 Likes

I like the idea of the foam for the cables. :+1:

2 Likes

Definitely worth trying Morgana, i preferred it to my hiline, which i still have as a spare as it came with my nd555.

1 Like