System Pics 2022

A bit of magic from the NAP 200… it sounds like the music is coming from the street.

18 Likes

Small change - gone is the metal rack with its attending rats nest of cabling and back onto the old record cabinet and addition of some Isoacoustic mini pucks under the TT platform. This is mainly a WAF related cosmetic change to give a cleaner looking installation….

43 Likes

@KiwiMarra - I think that unit looks really great. Beautiful wood and very practical. It fits in the space perfectly. How are you finding the Isoacoustic mini pucks?

2 Likes

Hi @JanJ
Welcome to the Forum.
You’ve made a good start posting on Systems Pics. Hope you find this place helpful, friendly and useful. I have learned a huge amount from the helpfulness and knowledge of others. Apart from the occasional spat, which is best ignored, this is a remarkably genial forum community where people go above and beyond to be helpful. At least that has been my experience - and I hope it is yours too.

1 Like

Thanks… it’s too early to say on the mini pucks - I’ll have to tee up a proper session with them when the house is quite… they pass the tap test though - the platform rings through the speakers if you tap on it but tapping on the unit itself there is nothing coming through the speakers. At some stage I’ll probably replace the kwila platform with something a bit lighter weight like bamboo and just stain it to match the mahogany of the unit. The Kwili is just a kitchen bench offcut. I will say though that having the isopucks replace the Rega feet directly killed the sound stone dead… so the system if I understand it correctly is the table is coupled to the block via the Rega feet and then isolated from the unit by the pucks… still experimenting. I’d just run the Rega wall mount but it’s a hollow drywall up n this corner and it vibrates like a drum…

1 Like

What is the turntable?

Manticore Mantra with magician arm, aerolam sub-platter and mega bearing.

The acrylic base is DIY. Naim went onto copy this concept when they produced to MUSO’s :heart_eyes:

20 Likes

Manticore - a name I’ve not heard in many years

Thx

Ian

1 Like

Still a good looking TT :+1:

1 Like

45 Likes

Your outfit looks very good, so masculine*. Wonderful.

*I mean that in the best possible way.

It looks really good, I can see why your wife would be pleased.

Nit-picking I know, but one small point. To make them virtually invisible, why don’t you conceal the two wires going down to the back of the TT power supply in mini trunking which can be easily painted the same colour as the rear wall? The trunking is held on by velcro pads, avoiding any drilling.

I have done this for the leads from my LP12 & think it adds a nice, tidy finishing touch, as per the photo below: -

13 Likes

Orgasmik, surely?

Possibly but for sure it will be an upgrade offered at some very high price :wink:

1 Like

Is this the re-release of morcheeba? Very nice record !

Didn’t they take over Logic?
I used to have the Logic DM101. Lovely deck but suspension drift drove me batty (and drove me to a Linn).

1 Like

I’m afraid I can’t remember - its an age thing .
The Hifi press aren’t very good advising when a firm goes bust etc, I must admit I thought the deck was an older Thorens

Yes, and it probably did for them, sad to say.

The Magician/Musician did evolve from the Datum S and was an excellent arm, but not enough.

Tonight the system play LPs in stealth mode. Only Superline showing the green light. Thanks to system automation volume can be controlled via the NDX2 remote and the phone can rest out sight. (When this is posted…) :blush:

27 Likes

Loving the Dr. Feickert Woodpecker!

2 Likes