System Pics 2022

Yes 2nd Generation.

I remember when I got my Gen 1 thinking, blimey, this is all you really need! It’s long gone due to inevitable upgraditis but every now and again I think hmmmm life was a lot easier!

2 Likes

I’m looking at my NDS/252/300 and thinking the same thing.

2 Likes

When I had my ‘midlife hifi crisis’ a couple of years back, I sold my 4 box system and floorstanders and bought a Gen 1 Mu-So. Really liked it but in the end I just missed hearing things in stereo. My current system of Nova and a pair of PMC standmounts is the nearest I can get to Mu-So simplicity but with stereo. Mu-So still in family with my 28 yr old daughter who loves it to bits

4 Likes

There was a pair in an office I was doing a filming session at, pictures I’d seen in the press didn’t do justice to the size or finish of them, which was impressive.

At the end of the filming however I had to straighten them on their stands as they were at angles, was eating away at me all through the recording.

2 Likes

You may recall my “empty shelf”- well no more…
My wife has commented that there is no room for any more components- I haven’t dared mention that there’s space behind the node for a qutest dac - or that I could buy another fraim shelf sssssssssssssshhhhhh

16 Likes

Would she notice if either were to appear ? :rofl:

2 Likes

Definitely a new shelf as she hates the appearance of the fraim.
A little dac partially hidden less so…
Need to weigh up the risks/benefits!!

Go for the small DAC hidden and if discovered, swear down it’s always been there!

1 Like

Great advice!
As a matter of interest - I live in the north east and “swear down “ is something I have only ever heard from the locals- correct me if I’m wrong!

1 Like

Lol… guilty as charged! But also Perthshire. A-Fin is my Ogilvie clan Moto… meaning, “Till the End”.

1 Like

Was looking at one of these at retail. But, as you say, rude not to at that price. Now got to wait for a few days for mine to arrive…

2 Likes

Here in Cape Town, it goes for around the equivalent of £2300.

1 Like

Hello James, yesterday I finally got around to trying my Lumin P1 directly into my 5 channel Anthem MCA 50 (using 2 channels).This is by no means a top flight amp, it’s also 20 years old. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it sounds, kind of has me rethinking the need for my Nagra integrated.
The Lumin uses Leedh digital volume control that is very well reviewed.
I will live with it for a few weeks before making any decisions, but I am now a believer in getting rid of the analog pre.
This has me searching my dealers website for amps, I notice he has a pair of Brinkman monos discounted…

1 Like

Audio Eden in Aurora?

A friend has that amp it’s a rather impressive 5 channel amp.

1 Like

You got it, might give him a call tomorrow to talk over a few things. My Nagra can be converted to a straight amp, but I have no idea what the cost would be.
I also do not know if the Brinkman amps are considered better than my Nagra. Lumin also makes a stand-alone Amp.

Almost the same as my first Linn/naim system except I had a 110. Cartridge at the time would have been an Asak.

1 Like

as long as its at its low light setting!

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I was reading the recent P1 review in HFN. Very impressive and the Leedh processing for the volume control seems to work really well. The back panel and internals (Lundahl transformers on the balanced outputs) look very familiar…

Not that I want to spend other peoples money, but perhaps that dealer needs a call. Just incase :wink:

1 Like