System Pics 2022

James…You, me and many others on here love our Kudos speakers. But, would you ever be tempted to go down the Linn speaker route? :thinking:

1 Like

They have been giving away a free Muso with an NDX2 last month as a promo in NZ and Australia.

There discounted here as well, prices range between $2,320 and $3,400. Noticed the Qb is now only $1,440, they were well over $2ks. Interestingly there’s a tin system for $59,999, don’t think there’s much of a discount there.

They still start at $3,100 here…

They were all well over $3k here a few months ago. I was planning of getting one more as I’ll need something for the gallery, might get it now and take advantage of these prices.

Incidentally a wood edition is now the same price as what a standard Muso was.

2 Likes

Are you going for the wharehouse look in your new abode Pete ? I think you mentioned the the brick wall finish at some stage

Upstairs definitely, my studio/gallery not sure yet.

1 Like

My Hi-Fi spending is well and truly finished * for this year !

I must admit the last time I heard a pair of Linn speakers was probably in the mid 90s so my experience is limited here to Index, Kans and Isobariks. I’ve never heard the later models. I think I dismissed them as lifestyle products and Linn did seem to lose their way for a while with Yachts and Aston Martin (although I can see in the same way as Naim with Bentley, this gained them valuable experience in DSP, efficient power supplies and amplification). From about 2013 when they started redevelopment on the LP12, Linn seemed to really get their Mojo back so maybe they’d be worth a listen.

I don’t think my Titans will be going anywhere any time soon though !

.*. probably :grinning:

4 Likes

Hi! First post here. Hello from Malaysia!

112 Likes

That’s a fine first post. Nice system and welcome to the forum !

3 Likes

That’s a great looking system. Interesting Isoblue copy, did you make it yourself?

1 Like

I had very much the same system from 1987 until 2019. The only difference in my case was that I ran small stand mount ProAcs for most of the time. My Naims were serviced twice at the factory in this time, enabling them to perform faultlessly for the entire period.

I only changed to the system in my profile in 2019 to experience streaming (both from my own CDs & from the internet plus, to a lesser extent, internet radio). I also thought that the intervening 32 years may have bought a little extra performance as well.

As it turns out, it did, but not as much as a 32 year gap may have suggested. My Nova is a little more cohesive, detailed, & revealing than the 32.5/Hi Cap/140. Being more powerful, I also find it better at low volume levels, which pleases Mrs Canaryfan, & I confess to enjoying it when all I want is good quality background music/radio when doing something else.

My LP12 has also benefited from the changes, partly to a cartridge upgrade, the Karousel bearing & the need to run a separate phono pre-amp due to the Nova’s lack of one. I suspect the Rega Aria I now have is noticeably better that the, 30 year plus, old MC card in my 32.5.

All that being said if I had to go back to my old setup the sound quality would still be more than acceptable although I confess, I would miss the convenience of streaming & controlling the system from a remote/phone /tablet all the time except when playing my LP’s.

I am sure you are getting as much enjoyment from your system as I got from mine for so many years.

2 Likes

Thank you.

1 Like

It was suggested and built by a local carpenter here.

2 Likes

What a nice journey! Will definitely venture to a proper streaming gear soon. Being an avid user of Nait 1 previously level up my audio experience thru the pre power combo. And yes, this current system do give me so much enjoyment.

Beautiful. That’s a classic system, right there.
Nice :+1:

2 Likes

That looks the DBs……….

A steal at the price, it has got me scratching my head to ponder where I could put it !..……

Paul

1 Like

The sound quality is outstanding- had it on all afternoon and it will look great in my conservatory.

It is big 60cm x 25cm x 12cm.

1 Like

Still love my Muso 2 very much… it will get better every day - promise

1 Like

Thanks AndyP,
I’ve got a first gen MuSo - presumably yours is the second gen ?

1 Like