System Pics 2022

We’re you using the Auralic wired or Wi-Fi ?

1 Like

Wifi, using the guest network as office policy did not allow wired.

That was the problem. Crappy Router on a guest network. I have an Auralic G1 running Wi-Fi 5ghz band excellent router zero dropouts

Excellent job Lewis. Did you mix the wood dust with the the Osmo wax oil and covered the floor before sanding back again?

Cheers, Steve

The Briks are now gone from the office. I began to feel that I wasn’t enjoying my music quite as much as the time I ran a Nait or 12/BD160 with Keilidhs. Buying another pair of Keilidhs confirmed my suspicion. They don’t have the scale, clarity and resolution but are overall more coherent and engaging. Quite relieved to see the Briks go tbh - they were a kind of burden being so large and awkward to move.

Also moved in a load of LPs in from storage to help dampen the room a bit (duplicates, crap albums, etc.)

Haven’t levelled the speakers yet or found the best position but still really enjoying it.

32 Likes

I love my Keilidhs. Still heavy to lug about. Try tipping them back on the spikes as far as they will go. You might like the results. You can always tip them back if you don’t. :grinning:

Thanks Paul - I’ll give it a go! The tweeter is quite low compared to most speakers.

This may be demonstrating a general point quite well. Given that roof, Briks may always be far from ideal in that room, however good they are somewhere else.

It is good to see other people’s systems. However, particularly with speakers, people making helpful suggestions might need to (a) make fewer assumptions or (b) ask to see pics and dimensions on the whole room first.

Also a big YES to @Paul52135 's suggestion of trying Kelidhs with and without a bit of tilt if the tweeter is well below ear level.

1 Like

It’s a valid point and I know some folks disconnect the upward firing drive units but I never wanted to mess with them. I can’t know for sure, but my feeling on this is that the room wasn’t a factor related to the issues I had with them. I started to feel / realise that there was a lot of crossover / complexitity between me and the music. Again, just a feeling when comparing them to Keilidhs and even simpler Tukans / Kans. Don’t get me wrong, they are technically a much better sounding speaker than the cheaper ones, but at what price.

2 Likes

Had the opportunity to order the NAP500 DR last November to complete my ‘500 system’ and replace my NAP300 DR (prior to the December 2021 price increases) and following lengthy manufacturing delays, it was finally installed on the 5th August 2022.
Incredible, with tremendous improvements in all aspects of the performance of my system and with great ease. Musical enjoyment is now on a level which for years I could only dream about, well worth the wait!

71 Likes

That looks great

Have you experimented with the order of equipment on the rack? Having the big power amp near the pre amp is unusual

Although not an easy task to move stuff around

2 Likes

Buy another Fraim base level and make two racks.

2 Likes

Lovely system, Derek.

Just read your profile, and I offer my sincere condolences. I am glad your wonderful system, and the glorious music it serves up, provides some comfort to you.

13 Likes

You guys with modern Naim pre/power setups have the tidiest systems on the planet!

I’m beginning to regret selling my Keilidh’s to my brother-in-law already and I haven’t even built the new system yet or taken delivery of the new Dynaudio Evoke 50’s🫤

Great stack, think it looks wonderful. Best of luck. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Matthew, I haven’t really experimented with the order of equipment within the rack, it has just sort of evolved that way with the guidance and advice from Pete at Acoustica based on my desire to retain the living room as a comfortable area to listen without appearing to look like a hi-fi shop or studio.
Pete has always commented on just how good my room is at demonstrating the sound quality of my system all through the years. Dimensionally just right, the walls and floor are solid (no plasterboard or suspended floorboards) with a rounded transition from ceiling to walls (I can’t remember the correct term for it).

5 Likes

I had thought about it in the past Mr.M but decided against it because everything worked so well anyway while also keeping things tidy and aesthetically pleasing.

1 Like

Many many thanks Nigel, I really appreciate that, though it does sadden me to know that my closest family have passed away to make it all possible.

2 Likes

Many thanks Pete.

1 Like