System Pics 2022

Murmur, you just need to be organised and have an inherent tidy mindset.

1 Like

That’s half the battle

My first guess would be pre amp at the top, then sources, then power supplies and power amp. But lugging all those heavy boxes around is not an easy task.

1 Like

Thats a very interesting diffuser between the loudspeakers :slight_smile:

Not ideal is it but useful :slight_smile:

Wonderful !!

1 Like

Hi Derek, it worries me you do not have a door stop !!! When that thing flies open it’ll go straight into the system… :astonished:

Is that the Eg & Alice - 24 Years of Hunger LP I spy on the top. A fantastic album. Alas you and I might be the only ones that own it.

Makes sense, whatever fits best, you have a very fine setup there regardless!

Sure is - I came across it in my main collection the other week and been playing it again quite a lot. Lovely album like you say and might be on discogs if anyone fancies a punt. Funny what you forget about until you really look through closely.

1 Like

Looking at it I’d say the carpet provides a pretty effective friction brake.

I don’t think mixing the sanding dust with Osmo oil would be a good idea. I use this stuff, which is designed specifically for mixing with fine sanding dust.

1 Like

No I don’t Marty but there is no need to worry because I am widowed and live alone which means that the door is NEVER flung open!
In fact there is another door which opens relatively close to the left hand speaker (when viewed from the sitting position) as well but both of the doors would have to be opened way beyond a 90 degree point of angle before colliding with either the rack or the speaker which the photographs probably don’t convey very clearly.

One more here. Fantastic album.
5.99 on sale at our price back in the day.

6 Likes

You can add me to the list. CD version here.

1 Like

Morning sun

And yes, there has been a change. A new 250DR replaced the 200.
Not that you can see that but still… :slight_smile:

72 Likes

Love your speakers, are you happy with them.

I found the 250 a big improvement over the 200.

1 Like

Thanks Pete. Yes I love them to bits. Stunning speakers imo.

The 250 is playing for a week today so it’s not fully on song yet but quite a step up indeed. On the Vivids (easy load) it has effortless power, control and a general sense of ease over the 200 that is quite impressive. It is clearly a much better amp in every aspect really. But that said, the 200 does has a -far less controlled - liveliness and boogie factor that can be very appealing too.

1 Like

I did love my 200, it served me well for many years.

To be fair, they are all pretty good.

I’ve owned a 110, 160, 250CB, 200, 250DR and 300 DR and they have all been fabulous although the 160 and 300Dr have been my favorites.

I’d not seen the 25s as inverted ears before, more like something growing on the seabed but the juxtaposition with those of the butler makes it unavoidable.

1 Like