System Pics 2022

There is serious VFM in your choice components, love it.

1 Like

Hi. In all honesty I am torn. The sound quality is outstanding especially with the separate PSU. However I find the app is a complete pain in the ass. It isn’t intuitive and to say start a radio feed you have to go through a number of menu options and if you want to change to another feed you have to come back through those options to the start and then go back in again. It is clumsy. If you have Roon and want a high quality endpoint though it is ideal.
I also have a few Auralic streamers and I would say that the Aries G1 and Vega G1 is a better buy. The app is more intuitive. The down side of Auralic though is that it is only available via Apple I devices, I-pad or I-phone.
Dependent on what you are using as amplification the Auralic Altair is a good buy as a single box. The SQ is not quiet as good as either the Aries or GN but I use one in my TV room where the amplification doesn’t expose the differences. The Aries or GN would be a pointless expense in there.
Hope that helps.

@bruss
There was a special offer in Lyon for the 4 units

Ensemble complet AURALIC [OCCASION RARE garantie constructeur 06/2024]

Someone tried to tempt me but I managed to resist…… these days not too difficult compared to 2004 :rofl:

1 Like

Latest set up here…
Our Naim CD5XS + nDAC is visiting, (moved from another room).

Just for fun - over this weekend - we’ve been playing CD’s and comparing with ripped versions on our new(ish) Innous Zen Mini mk3 + LPSU.

For those interested, maybe go over to “Streaming Audio” to read about our experiences with the diminutive Zen Mini.

46 Likes

That’s a lovely setup and Innuos do make some nice looking kit.

2 Likes

Wow!! Gorgeous room and set up.

1 Like

What you say is sooo true - when it comes to streaming, the operating software app is at least as important as the SQ/device itself. A great device with crappy (or even quirky) software is a loser. Then you have to worry about how long that software will be upgraded and supported to boot.

1 Like

Agreed, that’s why I think the devices that use the BluOs app eg Bluesound , NAD, Roksan are winners.

3 Likes

I wish GN would use the Bluesound app.

2 Likes

My main gripe with the BS app is the way everything you play stays as part of your “permanent” queue, so to speak. I recall clearing it but haven’t taken the time to rediscover how to do that.

But they get big plus points for indexing by song, which, IIRC, Naim can’t.

With the arrival of the SN3/NDX2 the Nova has been moved to TV and lounge duty. Not sure if it’s a permanent move here yet… (please forgive the wonky cable cover…).

20 Likes

WOW!:open_mouth:
How ‘Wonky’ is that??
What you need is an Electric Multi Tool and a bag of finishing plaster there James😊
Besides, that isn’t as bad as this…:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m going the crackle and pop, 1980’s Rega Planar 3 smashing it through a 252/250.

27 Likes

I know I know. It is on the list of things to do. Right after I finish listening to that next track…

Ocd clicked in this morning so rearranged the top shelf to get some sort of alignment.

Obviously now sounds much better :grinning:

25 Likes

Bruss could I ask you the cms between side of speaker and the fraim

About 40/50cm ?

I’ve got a fairly tight space and I haven’t moved speakers yet

Much appreciated

From the right fixed point of the wall its 150, rh speaker, 250, rack, 250, lh speaker

Much appreciated Bruss

Digital source above the 552. Oh dear :rofl:

2 Likes

Just a rebel. I can’t help it.

1 Like