System Pics 2022

Nothing new and any upgrade, because we are an absolutely happy family with the sound quality finally achieved in our main system; just giving a try to the new smartphone (my first smartphone, seriously!) and the quality of its built-in camera. In addition, the pics that I had uploaded until now were made with the camera of the tablet, quite basic, and this has better quality and wide-angle mode, which allows a better perspective of the room.

53 Likes

I’ve deliberately snookered myself. There is no room… without moving rooms… and getting a rack… and a new house…

Room has come together lovely, you must be very pleased with it. Well done.

3 Likes

Beautiful looking set up

2 Likes

Very tasteful and relaxing: congratulations!
Maurizio

1 Like

Another shoot. This time on the office system, in the same room as the main sys: Lenovo All-In-One >> Wadia 151 PowerDAC mini [>> Chord Toucan] >> QED SE Revelation >> ProAc Tablette 10 SE. Magical sinergy between Wadia 151 PDAC and Tablettes.

25 Likes

Very happy with my small minimilistic listening area in an apartment in the centre of Stockholm: Supernait 3, NDX2 and Technics SL-1210GR with Dynaudio Special 40 Speakers. Muso Qb’s in the kitchen and bathroom. All I need for the next few years - good thing there is no more space for a second hand XPS-DR!

65 Likes

What a lovely room!

2 Likes

Very nice room and small system. Enjoy.

1 Like

I think my aspirations are for something quite similar down the line.

1 Like

Big admirer of Technics turntables. Will be on shortlist when I upgrade. How are your findings.

2 Likes

I am extremely happy with the Technics - the GR sounds fantastic and I love the design, I will never buy anything else.

2 Likes

HERE AT LAST
Well after a relatively short period of time that felt like years the system is here and running.
AND

I would just like to say, Green and Cold it still sounds great. I can’t wait to hear what it sounds like after it’s had time to settle and run in.
Months of entertainment going through that process ahead😁

45 Likes

Looks great, I bet it sounds fab.

Long way to go.
First listens have produced mixed results.
Faster heavier tracks (Budgie - In For The Kill sounds muddy and leaden) are going to need a bit of bedding in time to really present, but music from a softer source has presented well straight off the bat (Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit and Paul Simon - Diamonds On The Soles Of Her Shoes soared straight out of the gate).
Listening to it settle and mature over the next couple or 3 months is going to be really interesting and no doubt frustrating at times.

5 Likes

In For The Kill, good song from a great band. The production though is not the best. It could be that your new system is highlighting this.
Or it could be bedding in.
Or a bit of both.
Its all good fun though.

2 Likes

I totally agree.
I shall come back to the tracks I’m listening to this weekend regularly over the coming weeks to see how they change.
Not kidding, this next bunch of weeks is going to be both enlightening and frustrating :blush::man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

Small updates.

Decided to keep the Sirius and now have Aries G1 to Sirius to Vega G2.1. I will replace the Aries G1 for G2.1 when one comes up ex demo or similar.

Main bedroom kit has morphed over the last couple of years from a Nait2 plus SQbox Duet to this. Upgraded to the GN DS-10 and an XS2 and then just had to use a 'spare Hicap and CB 250. Mrs Bruss keeps asking why I spend so much time in the bedroom playing by myself.

Guest bedroom now has 62/140 and a Node 2i.

32 Likes

Hi Bruss, what is your opinion of the Gold Note DS-10?
I’m considering streamers for a future addition to my system. Was leaning towards ND5 XS2, but the GN DS-10 Evo recently popped up on my Radar🤔

New room is coming along… still need to add curtains and finalize room treatment but besides the uplift/echo in the mids it’s sounding pretty fantastic.

36 Likes