System Pics 2022

Thanks for the info. :+1:
As lovely as my 606’s are, they’re a nightmare to move about on carpet, especially with the spikes.

Try a Trend Air Wedge. Slide underneath, pump up, slide to new spot, deflate and remove. You just need a second pair of hands to steady the speaker while you push and pull.

Got those Iain…It’s the second pair of hands that I’m short of! :joy:

It’s much easier with the 808s as you can take the top off and then it has a much lower centre of gravity. It’s just the top weighs 25kg on its own, so a helping hand is still required.
I had mine in place while they were running in and just as I was about to start playing with positioning I fell down some stairs and broke my arm. I can’t help thinking people with 505s are having a little snigger to themselves :joy:

2 Likes

Why were you trying to put your 808s on the stairs?

JK, of course - hope you are on the mend!

2 Likes

That is a lovely looking system, I would love to hear those A2s I’m curious to know what they sound like as a possible replacement for my MK1 Linn Kans.

Completely unrelated activities that happened 100 miles apart. Reading my post back though does make it sound rather like Bernard Cribbins though :joy:

Decided to play with the c 20’s as I have more leeway to set-up now and separating them by about another foot definitely helped, unfortunately that puts the wall rack ,with turnable directly behind one speaker. Have to get the wall =shelf move to above the rack with all other equipment. Also a good idea is to move the entire rack further along the wall (away from the speaker). But to do that probably need a longer length of speaker wire. All this for a room that will never be ideal for a listening room. Also add drapes along the wall/windows that the speakers face as it is boomy ( the wall just behind my seating position).

1 Like

Yes indeed, was a great event, Arie

1 Like

It works. At least the bass system. Will install a capacitator on the midrange driver before I plug it into the system. It will filter out all frequences under 600hz and protect the driver. Next week the guy who designed the speakers will measure them in the room.

Now the system play opposite in the room compared to the Naim system. Just a test. Btw, they weigh in at 120kilo.

35 Likes

Now running dual Kef Kc-62s, everything so effortless now.

36 Likes

Thanks to Peter @ cymbiosis I managed to get a superline .

36 Likes

Is that a bespoke colour LP12 ?

If so I think it is the first I’ve seen on this forum ?

Hope you don’t mind me asking

best wishes

Ian

3 Likes

It is a special finish satin white plinth, the same colour as the A2’s. I got the RAL code from spendor to give to Linn. They did really good job, thanks for noticing :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I decided to upgrade my LP12 at the cabin. It’s a slippery slope, this audiophoolia. I had an unused and unserviced SuperCap just sitting around. Then somebody decided to sell an Aro and Kore here in Norway. I had an almost new Majik ps and a motor laying around. I found a prefix in Germany and bought the rest new from the Linn dealer in Oslo. It works really well with the Atom HE, and I use the Stellias both at home and at the cabin. Good times!

35 Likes

What happened to Houses of the Holy?

3 Likes

I’ve always fancied an LP12 in bright yellow …

Which way to the Naughty Boy’s Step ?

2 Likes

I have cabin envy. Mine is a mere 4x3m. :frowning:

11 Likes

:joy: A high gloss yellow would look :sunglasses: im a big fan of the new colour finishes