System Pics 2022

Cheers, that’s a good album :slight_smile: Just bought Cleo Sol’s “Mother” that’s really good too (and also produced by Inflo, and has the thickest sleeve I’ve ever seen!). Have you listened to any of the 5 albums they released a couple weeks back? I think January is going to be a Sault themed, and expensive, new music buying month X)

1 Like

Again, this time of the year, the angle of the sun is special…and a duster is mandatory!

42 Likes

And with one Speaker.

65 Likes

25 Likes

You can see the ghost of a 552 past in that Fraim and maybe something digital I can’t quite make out.

Indeed, there used to be a time…

Interesting that you use the Nain “E” phono preamp option with the Lyra. I tried the “E” with my Argo and the gain wasn’t sufficient; The “K” was much better, gain-wise, and sounded a little better than the “E”.

1 Like

Hi, @sktn77a!

The Lyra Atlas Lambda has an Output voltage of 0.56mV@5cm/sec., zero to peak, 45 degrees (CBS test record, other test records may alter results).

The Naim Superline E is for carts with an output from 200μV - 1mV (standard Superline 100μV - 500μV).

The E-version is perfectly fine with the Atlas cart.

Regards,

2 Likes

Yes, the Argo is similar. That’s why I first went with the “E”.

Very enjoyable

33 Likes

45 Likes

Do you use a Stageline or a Superline?
Besides, further discussion probably needs a new thread…

The O’l ATCs are dominant if functional beasts.

1 Like

I thought your radial thread was about your previous house as the thread extended over a long period.

All looks super. Have a happy life in your new home. Wonderful music certainly helps.

Phil

Yes they are quite imposing but it seems size does matter.

I was reaching for the ‘LOL button’, oh well, consider it pressed!

Christmas has reached the man cave!

33 Likes

I have ProAc D20R speakers and wonder if the Gaia’s are a worthwhile investment for them. What do you think of them?

1 Like

Hi WW,
Okay, Gaias are on a suspended wooden floor and to my ears provide more clarity across frequency range and enlarge the sound stage compared to the supplied spikes.
I got them to see if they’d tame the substantial room mode around 38hz but did not touch that although I think they look pretty smart too.
I’d rather have them than not but at nearly £400 are a subtle not a night and day tweak so maybe better value elsewhere depending what you are looking to mitigate/achieve.
Hope this helps - fantastic speaker BTW enjoy yours👍.

2 Likes

The slot load open baffle bass system has unlimited dynamics, great texture and weight when needed. In my room we have set the lower frequence to 25. I play a lot these days. There is no subtitute for cubic inches as they say. This goes for speakers as well. Overall dynamic is much better than the dynamic speakers I have had in the past. It just play music. Boxes are 300l.

Look forward to get them finished with dedicated tweeters and fine tuning of the frequence response. X-over is 800Hz now.
This is a n active two way design right now. Three years in the making.

Bill Evans play now.

43 Likes