System Pics 2022

This is right up my cup of tea.
Simple set up with a lovely MCM cabinet and quality components. Looks and sounds great - so much easier on the eye than a hifi rack imho.
Nice one @KiwiMarra

3 Likes

At last !!! An Acutus!!!

Christmas & Naim…

23 Likes

It’s difficult to say which lights are more attractive :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your kind comments @Dan_M
I have toyed with adding a streamer (but no immediate plans), and I’ve exhausted most of my CD ripping needs so the HDX will probably stay.
My office system covers my vinyl “fix”, so plenty of enjoyable listening options

2 Likes

If the HDX is doing everything you need and streams your CD collection then that is fantastic. Great system and dissimilar to my own although yours is mainly Olive, I have mix of Olive , CB and classic in one system.

The vinyl system is fantastic too.

2 Likes

And here we are in newly slimmed down number of boxes reduced mode :smiley:

66 Likes

Your new S1 matches the 808s form factor :sunglasses:

12 Likes

Yep fully agree, timeless

2 Likes

Does the power supply transformer of the statement interfere with the power amp 500 head unit?

@TimOopNorth how is the S1 Pre powered?

No separate box - the power cable is a Chord signature mains cable into the M6 Chord block

A few changes this year - basic system the same…

Goldnote phono/psu replaced Superline, new XX-2 mk2, Organik DAC upgrade, Podiums added, KS-1 speaker cable added, and a few other cables and Sean Jacobs power leads…
The extended home demo of the Burmester Integrated amp is now complete. Very, very nice sound, however just too much of a (physical) beast.

IMG_5021

Merry Christmas to All :christmas_tree:

46 Likes

Only change from the previous incarnation is the swapping over of the Naim PowerLine Lites on the two NAPSCs to some DIY power cables. But these are hidden behind the rack.

Mrs DG said she loves the system, but no more spending on cables. So I’ve been upgrading my second office system. Changed amplifiers, from an Icon Audio Stereo 25 MkII integrated valve amplifier to a SMSL SA300 digital amplifier / DAC.

Bit of change, but does give me back more of my desk, plus it does sound rather good for its size.

This is the two in comparison.

DG….

29 Likes

Current setup. NBLs in active mode with 3xNAP300DR

56 Likes

I’m going to show this to my wife next time she queries MY box count. I’m at 11 + napsc. I’m not even in the game!

6 Likes

When I moved everything to the Fraim I actually decreased the box count as the CDS3/XPS2, HDX/XPS, and NAT05XS were removed. The black rabbits have stopped reproducing LOL.

3 Likes

That’s some system!

1 Like

Thanks, it does make it hard to get work done (especially when one has a home office but in a different room). By far the most engaging and natural sounding active system I have assembled.

2 Likes

Makes my system look very basic indeed. That’s an incredible number of boxes I bet it sounds stunningly good