System Pics 2022

39 Likes

Never touch elf on the shelf!

2 Likes

Not quite Naim green hat on the Snowman, but close enough.

11 Likes

Quick question David. Had 2 albums that ripped without artwork and 1 with no metadata at all (Ben Harper-Winter is for lovers) can I do anything about that?
Thanks.

Well the Christmas lights are out at my place, I’m away for a week and there’s every chance we’ll get some thunderstorms while I’m gone best to shutdown my stack.

Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. Cheers from down under.

48 Likes

This is with a Core? You can edit the metadata for rips with the Naim app. And you can change cover artwork with that too.

If the album with no metadata is a recent release then you should find the Core will pick it up automatically when the metadata database providers (Rovi etc) get round to including it.

Have a good un Pete.

1 Like

Have a great Family Christmas sir​:christmas_tree::partying_face:

1 Like

Yes David it is with the Core and have naim app but can’t see how to do it.

Go into your Core via your app open the album you want to fix and at the top right hand side touch the 3 dots and the menu will open up. Just go to edit data.

1 Like

As Pete says….here are the steps

Manually Editing the Metadata

1. Touch Uniti Core.
  2. To edit the metadata for a specific album, navigate to the desired album.
  3. Touch the … icon.
  4. Touch Edit metadata.
  5. Touch the Custom tab. …
  6. Touch the desired metadata field to edit. …
  7. Enter the desired name.
  8. Touch Done.

You can edit the cover and google a new one……always remember to save the changes, if i remember correctly the-save button-is on the top left.

1 Like

Lovely one, and close enough - and anyway, how symbolic (and a little sad may be) - white is already coming to town, candidate for forum photo end of the year :sunglasses:

Actually you don’t need to touch the Custom tab the first time on an album. You just get on editing and when you exit the Core will then save it into a Custom setting which will be the default for that album unless you choose to select a different tab.

But once you have edited the metadata, the auto update for that album is disabled.

@Pete_the_painter @Gazza @davidhendon
Thanks, that’s brilliant. Just tried it and it worked.
:+1:

1 Like

Bit rusty myself David……the OP has not been having a good time with family health so quickly googled, so it can be sorted, glad you are on the case.

1 Like

Extremely classy!

You are always there before me Gazza!

1 Like

Thanks for that kind consideration Gazza.
The Core is certainly helping me keep my mind distracted while my wife is in hospital.
Can’t wait for her to get home so I can show her how clever I have been ripping cds.
And without any help :woozy_face:

3 Likes

Hope she is home very soon….i find music very comforting. The Core is a great server……any problems just post, we will all try to help, but @davidhendon is where i would go to first. Try and have a good Xmas🙏

8 Likes

Mixing Italian with UK is a superb combo.

33 Likes