System Pics 2022

Hi All I am a fairly new member and thought I would share a photo of my system Steve

81 Likes

True wisdom

2 Likes

Can you share that again?

No comparison to the guy with his speakers on his amps, but thanks for mentioning him as I was desperately trying to forget about him! Yours makes sense. I like it.

1 Like

A couple of very nice Olive systems there, gents.

1 Like

Thanks! Sorry about the PTSD :smile:

@JXZ311 fabulous pal, looks fantastic! Hope you’re well.

1 Like

Do you hace a dcs clock thats the problem or something else, as a few ways to get around it depending on what gear you are using

Not yet anyway. Just exploring my options.
I did manage to find some photos where the middle rear leg of the fraim only has the bolt on. I guess thats one way to do it.

At work now will find the pics tonight

1 Like

Thanks mate.

Im great thanks, hope you guys are too!

Hope to see you at the Hifi show in Cranage in June maybe?

1 Like

Hi
Hope you don’t mind me saying it all looks very neat and tidy and asking are those the small isoacoustic speaker stands under your spendors - and how are you finding them? I’ve got a small pair of wharfedale diamond 12.0’s sat on my desk in the office and was wondering whether to get some myself?Your thoughts would be much appreciated?
Simon

1 Like

I know you didn’t ask me, but I use a pair under Neat Iotas. They work fine, though I cannot comment on what the sound is like without them, as I never tried! Nor have I auditioned alternatives.

They are well made, if a little wobbly if you use them with the long legs.

13 Likes

Hi Simon, thanks! Well spotted, the speaker stands are indeed ISOAcoustic Aperta. I really like them, previously the Spendor S3/5Rs we’re sitting on Clearlight RDC cones on granite slabs and the Apertas really improved the sound, tighter bass and better imaging. Plus they do look better.

The CD player is sitting on three ISOAcoustic pucks which have also cleaned up the sound.

I would imagine the Apertas would be brilliant for Diamonds on a desk. Diamonds were my first ever speakers paired with an original grey Arcam Alpha back in the day.

Welcome to the mad house, as they say. That is a lovely system you have there. I presume it’s an 82? Which of the Hicaps goes to what? And are the 2 boxes on the lower shelves 135’s?

1 Like

Here is mine so far. Next up are new speakers - possibly the NEAT Ministras.

17 Likes

Hi Lucifer thanks I really like it, although I am toying with the idea of replacing the B&W 802 Nautilus speakers.
I’ve had them for over 20 years, and I’m wondering if technology has overtaken them and they can be improved.
I’m having a demo of ProAc D30’s and Kudos 20A soon.

Yes it is an 82 with a pair of 135’s.

1 Like

Thank you to both @gthack and @Zos93 for your replies.

They look to be the perfect answer as although the Diamonds sound brilliant at the moment my thoughts - based on previous Diamonds was they had more to give.

I well remember a good few years ago listening to a pair on the end of a Linn Sondek and pretty good Naim separates at the Bristol hi-fi show!

At the moment mine are sat either side of a rather large monitor with 4 blobs of Blu-Tac hardly the best option - so yes I think an order may well be placed later.

By the way @gthack you may have noticed since we last spoke my system has changed a little - Oh the pitfalls of our hobby!

Thank you again gents.

2 Likes

Minor system change……

My dealer said i was rowing upstream compared to other customers lately lol, but i know what he means😉

49 Likes

I hope @Stephen_Tate doesn’t know where you live Gazza :grinning:

7 Likes