System Pics 2023

The left channel and friends

34 Likes

Hi, where can some results be found on Epos ES14s ?

Do you call these early Fabers?

They are legends! The crossover made with inductances and not capacitors, with a cooling radiator if I remember well.

Can you please provide a picture of the rear? Many tanks.

1 Like

Bought Mrs QS a very good condition pair of Ninka’s and am arranging a demo of a Rel 5 Sub to support the Keilidh’s in the Cabin.
Just thought you might like to know😊
The Ninka’s will arrive sometime in the week beginning 25th September and the Rel test will occur on the 23rd

4 Likes

You are so generous

:wink:

Please can you buy me some new speakers as well please

:pray:

3 Likes

Is this forum thread helpful…

1 Like

What did you have in mind @SimonDC :thinking:

Not sure actually - jury still out at the mo - perhaps just a blank cheque will suffice for now and I’ll let you know how much I’ve spent when I find something that beats my current pair of Monitor Audio’s. Thankyou

:+1:

1 Like

I agree - sometimes I wish I still had mine; my original system in Naim.

Oooh! Look forward to hearing your impressions. I think the Keilidhs go down to 50Hz. The Rel should take this down to 30Hz. As long as you can get the mix right between to two it should in theory deliver the Keilidh slam with deeper bass. Is your dealer helping with the setup?

My Dealer, Tony of Basically Sound in Norfolk, is bringing the Rel for the demo, along with the PMC Twenty5.23i’s.
Hopefully there will be adequate time to setup the Rel T5 and hear if the party gets started with it carrying the additional Bass load🙂
Then, of course, we will see how the 23i’s fair😎

1 Like

Sorry Simon, I don’t have a check book for my accounts. They don’t even offer one… :man_shrugging:t4: :wink:

1 Like

I guess I’ll just send you the invoice then? :smile:

1 Like

:rofl:

I have a sneaky feeling that your next system pic might contain PMCs. I bet you dealer said “yeah, ok we’ll give it a go but….” :joy:

1 Like

Don’t be so sure…
I have always loved my Keilidh’s (well they’re officially my wife’s now, but she’s willing to return them). If the Rel T5 fills the Bass deficit I’ll be quite happy😊

I hope the Ninkas work well for you, they can really do great things with the right synergy. I run an aktiv pair in the family room and they sound great in less than ideal circumstances.

Hope you enjoy the process. I still remember a couple of years back listening to these very speakers trying to squeeze more out of them. Once I got my amps, tt and streamer sorted I couldn’t help realising that I’d spent only about 1% of my total spend on the Keilidhs yet there didn’t seem to be anything lacking in them. Hey, Ho, after exactly £565 upgrading tweeters, mid/bass drivers and recapping them they are now so open and dynamic I’ve never been happier. In a bigger room I’d seriously be looking at adding a sub before considering replacing them. Here’s a pic so we don’t get our wrists slapped again :grin:

25 Likes

Nice flutes. What wood?

What an incredible set-up! If I described what those racks full of CB kit did for me I would be banned from here for life!

Can I ask what is the 135 size box below the pre-amp? Also what are the 4 wooden boxes on the floor - mains distribution units? Thanks.

13 Likes