System Pics 2023

That’s a great looking thing! Was the speaker built into the same unit as the turntable!? And is the other unit the other speaker of the stereo pair?

1 Like

Yes, exactly.

G

1 Like

41 Likes

What cartridge do you use with the ARO Mario?

Thanks

Looks like a Linn Krystal

Yep Linn Krystal.

Get the Kandid Mario :crazy_face::crazy_face:

I previously had the Krystal on my ARO

Kandid kills it , well worth the money :+1:

2 Likes

More info. It’s a Garrard turntable and it’s quite well reviewed I see.

G

6 Likes

Finally found a use for my Naim Aro. I frend have it on loan for a longer time. He is happy with it.

15 Likes

Its alot more expensive, but it sounds like deminising returns are not a factor with that move forward.

Ever hear the Kendo Bevo??

Hello everyone,

new owner of a used Naim NAIT 5Si integrated amp, I would like your opinion on what the seller told me about the amp: all Naim amps do a “speaker pop” when turned on (by design for sound quality reasons, power supply/electrical related), he also told me that the loudness of the pop is relative to the sensitivity of the speakers. My speakers are high sensitivity DIY speakers of 99 db, I am a little worried that the pop might damage my speakers.

Would love your thoughts about this. Speaker shown behind amp, going to be my first proper stereo setup with a DAC connected to my PC.

7 Likes

Most Naim amps do a pop on startup.
Although on my Supernait 3 it’s very minimal.
Best to follow Naim advice for reliable performance and leave on 24/7
It’s always ready for action and stable.
However it makes sense to disconnect during lightning etc.
Or long absences. :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I have 97db speakers and my Nait2 doesn’t scare me when it “pops”. My Nova doesn’t “pop”.

1 Like

Unrelated to your question, but I’m interested in diy speakers. Would you be willing to share a bit about the design and/or the build?

1 Like

The speaker is called DIYSG Titan-615LX, it is a three-way speaker with a 15" woofer, 6,5" midrange and a compression driver in a horn waveguide. It was really just put it together and paint, since the cabinets came as a flat pack and I bought the crossovers pre-assembled, so it is possible for a novice to build their own speakers.

4 Likes

I was about to ask the same question :grinning:

1 Like

Do you hear a loud “pop up” sound while switching between sources, also when muting/ unmuting?

I have actually not hooked up the amp yet to my speakers, still waiting for my DAC to come. I did email Naim support about the pop and received a great answer from Duncan:

"It is perfectly normal, and will not damage your speakers.

The pop you are hearing, is a micro discharge from on board storage capacitors. There will be a minute amount of energy lost when you start up a system, and again when you power down. This translates to the affectionately known “Naim thump”, and this is what you’re hearing.

It’s perfectly safe, please don’t worry."

2 Likes

Haven’t heard the Kendo Mario

I must ask my dealer , I’ll let you know

It’s not unique to Naim, my Roksan Attessa does it on Shut Down too.