System Pics 2023

Monitor bake off against scm11

31 Likes

It will be interesting to see which you prefer.

2 Likes

Replaced the little class D amp in my second system with something a bit better. Sounds bloody amazing! Obviously need to upgrade the lamp now. Must stop reading this thread. :joy::joy:

14 Likes

It’s clear from the off that they are a lighter brighter balance with music thrown out at you. The atc’s sound more relaxed and have deeper bass and vocals sound less pinched.
I’ll leave them in a couple of weeks and swap back but initially my thoughts are they need a sub.
I have a set of WH phantoms that may suit them better than TQ black 2, but too hot to be fiddling around today!

Just going back a few posts.
Certainly dont worry about the radiator. Being a very old cast iron radiator it would never get anywhere near warm enough to damage any wire, even a modern radiator won’t.
As for access then the only bit on the radiator to worry about is the thermostatic valve, and that’s easy to get to.
By the way i am a plumber, the 50mm distance is for running pipes and cables under floors, walls etc, basically 1st fix work that’s normally covered over.

1 Like

Now I finally have proof as to why plumbing costs so much - you’re not out buying Ferari’s, it’s Naim HiFi :rofl:

2 Likes

Was into porsche not ferrari.lol
But only have one of them now, as just not into cars much these days as little point these days on the roads we have.

3 Likes

Thank you for the feedback @Dunc from a professional perspective. That reassures me. I will make sure I have enough distance, then it shouldn’t be a serious problem.

A fellow Naim enthusiast from Trondheim will pick up his old turntable (Bauer DPS2) tomorrow, so I leveled the Bergmann turntable with help from my girlfriend this evening. Used a combination of coins, lift cards and paper to get i perfectly level. Oh lord, it plays wonderful through the cheapest five meter of rca cables you can buy.

Left TT is a new Rega P3 with Nagaoka MP100?
Bergmann Magne have a Ortofon Cadenza Red.
Riaa is Allnic H1202.

Bought the rack up second hand yesterday. It is a Solidsteel H6.

26 Likes

Is that Innuos gear you’re using for streaming?

Is that radiator in use? I would worry about heat issues with the rack being so close.

1 Like

Wonderful set up. Why do you need the P3 as the Bergman is vastly superior ?
Is it not detrimental to the Bergman performance to have that huge speaker so near of it?

1 Like

Hi. Yes, the radiator it in use in the winter. But most of the heat are radiated from the top. No worries. Most hi-fi components get hot on their own.

Thank you rooster. No idea actually. Have not thought about that yet, you may be right. But we will not live in this apartment forever.

Rega have a MM pick up. Was thinking to use it to play all kind of rock music on it. But I see now, that I will not use it that much.

2 Likes

I’m thinking about buying a second speaker too🤣

45 Likes

Added another box into the mix, this weekend…
Lovely new ND5 XS2, to use with our much loved nDAC.
Just need a PSU for the nDAC now :wink:

System Pics 2023 : Close up study…

• Naim ND5 XS2 → DC1 →
  • Naim DAC → HiLine →
  • Naim SuperNAIT 3

The ND5 XS2 is intended for use in another room, with the nDAC and a CD5 XS too. (See bio’ ).

So far, today, it’s set up with Naim Focal app’ as well as Roon. Preference is for Roon. Also, connected with Qobuz streaming service. Option to stream from an Innous server SSD archive of CD’s too.

Quick snap, to share :camera_flash:
(Note to stacking police - relax - just did this for a quick snap to share, on the forum).

36 Likes

Yes. Zen mini Mk3 with LPSU. I’m very happy with it.

2 Likes

Just got my Klipsch RB81 Mk2’s back from being on loan to a mate for last 18 months so going to give them a go with the Technics.

It definitely won’t have any issue doing loud, just be interesting to see what the LAPC speaker circuits do with these.

18 Likes

Just spotted a visiting Millennial Falcon
Nice :+1:

1 Like

Yup, gift from the kids a few Christmas’s ago, painstaking work putting that baby together!

It’s work
Someone has to do it :wink: