System Pics 2023

I love the way the blue of the sky and the yellow of the banana interact… And the folded blind is almost parallel to the world…
Beautiful picture!

2 Likes

Think you mean blind…not tent.

I thought that the juxtaposition of Pinot Noir and Branflakes indicated a sensible approach to a balanced diet.:grinning:

4 Likes

Boozy but regular eh.

4 Likes

Fruit, fiber, and resveratrol…can’t get healthier than that!

2 Likes

And there I was naïvely thinking all you guys would be interested in was my partner’s Sony SRS-XB20 Bluetooth speaker :wink:

2 Likes

Did you try to amalgamate them?

1 Like

I did, and corrected my post. My vocabulary is incomplete…

Is that available on demand do you know?

Your English far outstrips my Italian.
Best wishes.

1 Like

You would have to look at R3 on BBC Sounds on BBC site. Find the schedule for Monday evening. The broadcast started at 8pm.

1 Like

Thanks. Found it. Prom 48

2 Likes

Annoyingly that particular Prom doesn’t seem to be available.

Nice setup! What isolation pads do you have under your Atom Uniti? Does it make any improvements?

1 Like

Those isolation devices are IsoAcoustics Oreas. I tried them under my Nova and they really changed the sound. Everything became hyper-clear, with some parts of the sound vastly overemphasised, all most unnatural. Some may like this very ‘impressive’ sound, but I didn’t find it remotely musical or enjoyable, and I was glad I bought them with a 14 day money back arrangement. Don’t forget that Naim know what they are doing, and that if they felt their equipment was better with bouncy feet then they would probably have made them like that in the first place.

7 Likes

It’s very good.

As we badly seem to need some photos, here is part of my system.

The UnitiQute 2 acts as a streamer and a hub for my AV system, that is fed by a new Chord Shawline X into my Nait 50 .

Prior to this , I had a Nova (very, very good) which was fed from the UQ via very old Chord Cobra .

The Shawline made an immediate enhancement and as I only use the streamer element for R3 and sometimes Classic FM , I have no need for the Nova’s extensive abilities

11 Likes

We had to do some re-decorating after a leak, so we took the opportunity to move some furniture about and play with positioning my system in the room. System used to be on the wall with the TV with the speakers firing across the narrow middle of the room. Im trying it out lengthwise. Had to swap out my phantom speaker cable and move back to NACA5 as the phantom cables were too small. There are GIK monster traps (with diffusion plate) behind each speaker against the glass.

The big difference so far is the complete absence of bass and a return to a harsh top end. I suspect the top end harshness is due to cables, but the bass probably requires me to move my speakers about until I can find a nice position for bass re-enforcement - I’ll experiment over the weekend. It may be that the old position was over-emphasising the bass so what I am hearing now is more accurate (new speakers needed?). Certainly the imaging is very nice especially with the doors open.

19 Likes

Ohh that isolation feet? That’s isoacoustic and below is a piece of 12mm tempered glass. :+1:t2:

I agree! Thanks!

1 Like