System Pics 2023

I can’t show you the rest of my desktop system because it is the phone I was taking the photo with :wink:

Very old Minirig wired speaker and a mobile phone used for the fairly rare circumstances where music helps me work.

[edit: sorry I cropped the lamp out, the shade is slightly adorned with cobwebs and it’s a bit embarrassing]

6 Likes

Probably for the best. Lamps are so yesterday in this thread :grinning:

5 Likes

Sitting here listening to John Coltrane a love supreme through my MK1 Kans. In this tiny room 7ft 8 x 11ft 2 they are just perfect. It’s a modest system but boy it can play music!

70 Likes

An LP12, 72 etc and Kans will never be modest, it will always be wonderful. A 250 would really transform things though; it’s the amp that Kans really need.

8 Likes

nice!

2 Likes

nice!

More pictures, less talk.

Thank you.

6 Likes

Yes an olive 250 would be the icing on the cake. I will get one. Kind of almost afraid to change anything in case it spoils the sound.

1 Like

It won’t. Have no fear. The 72/HC/250 is a classic for a reason. You’ll be amazed.

5 Likes

Great system with great synergy :+1:

2 Likes

That’s probably all we need for music. Nice!

1 Like

Bliss!

3 Likes

Trialling a “pre-loved” Cyrus CDXt - SE2 transport in the downstairs system. So far, so good. Excellent SQ, and a much broader soundstage than when streaming. Given that I have just rediscovered the joys of CDs, it seems like a no-brainer, really.

Edit: Yep, bought it. Don’t tell Mrs R.

26 Likes

Most of the hardware at the back of the room, a Cinema set up that does a pretty good job with 2 channel (using 4 of the 135’s, 5 subs and a pair of early Fabers)

67 Likes

The left channel and friends

34 Likes

Hi, where can some results be found on Epos ES14s ?

Do you call these early Fabers?

They are legends! The crossover made with inductances and not capacitors, with a cooling radiator if I remember well.

Can you please provide a picture of the rear? Many tanks.

1 Like

Bought Mrs QS a very good condition pair of Ninka’s and am arranging a demo of a Rel 5 Sub to support the Keilidh’s in the Cabin.
Just thought you might like to know😊
The Ninka’s will arrive sometime in the week beginning 25th September and the Rel test will occur on the 23rd

4 Likes

You are so generous

:wink:

Please can you buy me some new speakers as well please

:pray:

3 Likes

Is this forum thread helpful…

1 Like

What did you have in mind @SimonDC :thinking: