System Pics 2023

Nice. How do you rate the Zazens.

In the nicest possible way I hope the earth moves and on Monday you can post a picture of your system.

My very best wishes

Thread drift is often where we find out about each other. Whilst this is not a good thing on Facebook in a smallish community like ours , it’s a good one

5 Likes

After moving to a new house we starting to get settled. The system now has its place decided, which we are happy with.

The new room is certainly a performanceboost. The speakers are now siting on concrete floors instead of suspended floors. Gone is the somewhat bloated bass. The new room is also a different shape and aprox twice the size. Happy days :grinning:

39 Likes

EVPdcN8UPtSLsi2eoN53g6

Remotes are the new fetish

9 Likes

What a wonderful fireplace. Is it traditional?

2 Likes

Looks like a classic, swedish fireplace. (Kakelugn)

2 Likes

You’ve got very smooth legs Max. And slightly large calves. Cyclist? Or you just like shaving your legs while eating burgers?

4 Likes

Yes a traditional fireplace, a nice uplift to the extended listeningsessions :smiling_face::fire:

2 Likes

Thanks. It looks really lovely and cosy. Very hygge.

1 Like

Before:

823af2df4e3a6ca7995d6b0f86ce1ec9b5feefd4_2_750x1000

After:

30 Likes

Someone post a system picture please!

I hate photos of feet.

11 Likes

Sunday 8:40 am and I’ve had enough of the internet for today.

Cheers.

5 Likes

Newly added PS Audio Stellar Phono, I like it a lot.

43 Likes

I got one imported 2 yrs ago. A Kakelugn from Gabriel. It’s so good, I’d get it even at double the price.

Sorry, not really a system pic, but it contains two Ovators.

55 Likes

The result of a big slim down exercise and rejuvenation:

Gone the tuner, turntable and phono. And the pre! (Sold the old naim classic stack of 252/supercap dr/300dr/superline/HiCap dr/NAT02)

Get a small rack from Audio Bastion to hold my switch, Roon ROCK and LPS (at the corner)

Now this system is of unisource - Roon only

Now having dcs Rossini APEX+Clock, set at 2 or 6V driving directly the new 350 monoblocs. Retaining the Uniticore but merged all my collections on a 8TB SSD (finally very affordable!), so also ditched the QNAP silent NAS as well.

Results? I love it if I can live without LP. Perhaps one day add back a passive pre. Will I consider a 332+300? Maybe. If one day I am deciding to move on from dcs, but not now. The new APEX analog output stage reli is this good rendering the pre obsolete (imho)

36 Likes

Now, that fireplace!

3 Likes

:rofl::+1:

What an impressive system, enjoy. And I see you kept the Vienna Acoustics Beethoven Concert Grand speakers. I can imagine that they sound wonderful in the new environment. I also still have my small system with the Vienna Acoustics Haydn, but now in a separate listening room with room acoustics treatment and dedicated mains. It was a big step forward for me (Click here). And I also wonder why a purely analogue preamplifier with numerous inputs is necessary when only digital sources are used…

1 Like

Newbie here: I just bought a Nova and very happy with it, still looking at trading up to the 222 and 250 combo, just unsure yet. Very impressed with how the Nova sounds, especially when I haven’t had a Naim piece in my system for many years. I use Dynaudio Confidence C2’s Platinums and SF Serafino’s and some my favorite new Monitor called the Spark by Audio Physic…

47 Likes