System Pics 2023

Yes. Bog-standard Selekt at that. Sound made for each other.

2 Likes

Is that a Selekt DSM with internal amp? Looks like they do one without an amp as well.

Yes, that is with the 2ch amp module. Itā€™s the only add-on mine has. Maybe one day Iā€™ll explore the higher level DACs available, but Iā€™m not quite seeing the need for what is the 2nd or 3rd system in the house depending on how you look at it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I take it the upgraded DAC is the Katalyst part? Not that I have looked into it much but I do find the whole Majik/Selekt/katalyst/Klimax DSM etc product range from Linn a little confusing. Having said that they do look lovely and Iā€™m sure they sound very good. Does the Klimax DSM really cost ā€˜from Ā£35kā€™?

There is Katalyst and then Organik as well for the Selekt.

1 Like

Possibly, but Iā€™m not in that market, so not sure. I donā€™t like digital audio that much. :stuck_out_tongue:

They did simplify it a bit recently. There is Majik at the bottom, two levels of Selekt that you can add fancier DACs to, and then Klimax.

1 Like

I used to drive a BMW , then Aegon sacked me ā€¦ after I refused to apply for my own job.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In reality , I was being unfair on Mercedes drivers , ever since I had a Mini in British Racing Green I have favoured vibrant colours like lime green, orange, yellow simply because of the bad driving I encountered on country roads especially at this time of year .

Changing tack, I am still waiting to see an LP12 in one of the vibrant bespoke colours

Unfortunately yes. Itā€™s just gone up (on the 20th) to Ā£35k which is getting a bit daft. Itā€™s a lovely thing though.

2 Likes

That makes it Ā£500 more than an ND555 plus two CD555PSDRs, which offers a similar level of performance. That must indicate an opportunity for Naim Audio to increase its prices!

1 Like

Although when you factor in the extra Fraim levelsā€¦

You only live once etcā€¦ :flushed:

1 Like

And a preamp.

1 Like

Good point. Itā€™s actually a bargain.

Iā€™ll let Mrs_n know :wink:

3 Likes

Great to see you embracing 2023 with bravery James :+1:t3::rofl: ATB Peter

4 Likes

Itā€™s a reality you can have any. :+1:t2:

6 Likes

We have a very similar yellow shade on the walls.
We have had for a good few years now and looking for a change.
Thinking about greys, which is trendy at present. But, I shudder at the prospect of living with it for some time as Iā€™m not a person afraid of colour, and grey could well, once the cobwebs start creeping in look grey and drab.

1 Like

Just say ā€˜No!ā€™ To griege!

1 Like

Funnily enough Iā€™ll go for the bright yellow .

1 Like

I can vaguely understand a simple black or white, but I doubt youā€™ll find any on this forum Ian. Iā€™d be interested to know how many takers Linn have had for this option. How many folk have opted to trade a lovely wood finish (plus a chunk of cash) for a hideous colour that will almost certainly be regretted at leisure - all with a perfectly plastic look finish. Nice.

Agreed. Forget the technicolor plinths; Iā€™d just like Linn to make the mat in a few different colors. Itā€™d be an easy way to jazz up oneā€™s LP12. (I use a blue Rega mat on mine!)

I wonder which wood type is used for the painted plinths. Surely it wouldnā€™t be a premium hardwood? The plinth does, after all, have a small effect on the sound. Iā€™d be suspicious that the painted plinths are those with defects, which are filled before being painted.