System Pics 2023

The walnut is actually reputed to sound better.

I like the bespoke plinths offered at Cymbiosis and suspect that the multi coloured options are designed at a younger market than than perhaps on this forum .

This is what Fender did with guitars, the grain would be graded and the less attractive stuff went into solid solid coloursā€¦

2 Likes

I think Iā€™m finally at end game (well until the itch comes back). Changed the Amps and they suit my room acoustics perfectly. I pretty sure this is what reference level sounds like.

Just waiting on some printed thick acoustic panels to come and some risers to stop me standing on the speaker cable ā€¦and maybe another set of Orea Bordeaux between the monoblocks.

Iā€™m at my happy place!

59 Likes

Nothing impressive but a small change to the Study system.

Auralic Aries G1 and Vega G1 feeding a HCDR/82/250DR.

Surplus kit now stacked for eventual disposal.

Iā€™ve been playing around for months trying to decide which to keep and which to release funds from.
The room size and the speakers canā€™t do justice to the better kit and I think Iā€™ve found the level that works best in here.
I do have an Olive 140 on the way which I will try with the Olive Hicap I already have. I also have a pair of new Fyne Audio 302ā€™s sitting in the UK waiting for me to collect. Once I have them this room will be finished re the music system and decision making.

29 Likes

I canā€™t for the life of me understand why Logitech stopped the SBT - I think they are outstanding VFM, and they havenā€™t released anything I know of that is better. I bought a used one last year off Fleabay as a backup for when mine dies, as it inevitably will.

1 Like

@bruss; Stupid question perhaps, but why is there an Apple on your Turntable :thinking:

Beatles release on a usb stick disguised as an apple.

Link for info only, no longer available

5 Likes

How Bizarreā€¦ :flushed:

Apple Records. It contains 24Bit Flac and MP3 versions of each of their studio albums

1 Like

:+1:

apple

17 Likes

An apple a day keeps the doctor away :thinking:

Only if you throw it at him.

7 Likes

Or her. My wife is one. Iā€™ll try your suggestion when I donā€™t have time for attention. She quite likes apples so if I throw it far far away I might have a few seconds grace time and run in the other direction.

3 Likes

My apologies to your wife and all other women. :smiley:

2 Likes

What the hell is that ā€œrackā€!? It looks absolutely magnificent!

Took my plinth which was originally black down to the wood to give it a freshen up and from memory it had no flaws, think it may have been ash, the grain was very fine and very hard, not sure what the newer painted plinths are made from but would seem strange to paint a lovely grained piece of hardwood.

2 Likes

Was it painted black or black ash? Black ash still shows wood grain, so I would expect not every bit of wood would cut it.

Thankyou! Itā€™s an old elm mill trolley so very, very solid and heavy. Works well as a base for the stands and fits in to the antique look we have throughout the house :).

2 Likes

Bit like your trainers mate! :joy:

3 Likes

Plenty of wear left in them :).

2 Likes