System Pics 2023

Hey! welcome back HH, I for one have missed your knowledgeable input to this forum.

5 Likes

The Musicbook Combo does look great, and so tiny. How it sounds, being Class D and all that, I’ve no idea, but the functionality is excellent. You could always hide a phono stage out of sight somewhere if you went the Nova route, but it’s not as neat.

2 Likes

Any issues with the PMCs being that close to wall? Appreciate that they are transmission line and ported at the front…

Lovely table Nigel, works very well with the Nova/room.

1 Like

Thank you, Ian – I looked around for at least a year (maybe two?) to find just the right plinth, so I appreciate you saying that!

1 Like

They are absolutely fine, no boom, no overhang. I had twenty.23s in the same position in the past, so expected these to work, and they do.

3 Likes

A close-up of my modest system seen in “Views from the Listening Position”. CD5SX/Supernait 2/HiCap2 DR/Bluesound Node 2i/Neat Elite SX, with a Blok Stax shelving unit.

Music has always been my passion, both to perform and listen to, and this system, whilst relatively modest, sounds wonderful to my ears in a wide range of genres, principally classical. No

plans for any changes soon at any rate.

67 Likes

Everything in the living room has been upgraded, decorated, new flooring, furniture……my gear is unchanged (except a slight repositioning of the Ovators & a new dedicated mains supply)

80 Likes

All the serviced kit has had time to settle and the new SCDR is settling down nicely. It all sounded great from cold tbh and I am not a great believer in the warm up/running in cycle :roll_eyes:

45 Likes

There’s a lot of wow factor there @Biglloydy. Well worth the effort!

1 Like

Nice, not far away from the superuniti and 20 23 you used to own.
Terry

You have a good memory. I think Naim have come a long way since the SuperUniti, and the twenty5 i series has improved too. The best thing is that I don’t need a hifi stand, so it’s all more room friendly.

2 Likes

That’s a really nice veneer on the Ovator.

2 Likes

The late night glow of the Nova :headphones:

21 Likes

Beautiful :notes::100:

And a bit of Bicep. Very nice.

4 Likes

Thank you. It’s amazing the difference a nice table makes.

1 Like

Looks a great set up, Nice room and colour choices, enjoy.

1 Like

It’s been what, ten years since you last had a Nait?! Welcome back.

C.

2 Likes

Thanks Cmax & Christopher_M, :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s been indeed about 10 years ago since I had a Nait. (5i-2) I’ve also thought about going for a DAC-V1 + NAP100 combo, but they’re pretty rare on the s/h market and I’d like to keep the option open to add a TT in the near future. (although I’m not expecting to add a TT soon, but sometimes the itch/curiosity is coming back)

3 Likes