System Pics 2023

Would look even better surely with something spinning on it… :thinking: :blush:

2 Likes

The only way to have an inky black silence with the lp12 is to not spin records.:joy:

6 Likes

“And if you’ve ever had your inky black silenced, then you know exactly how painful that can be…”

I’ll get my hat…

1 Like

Sorry, I am lucky to not share your uncomfortable physical disagreements :laughing:

1 Like

I was so accustomed to seeing those lovely Proacs but I’m adjusting to seeing your new speakers.

1 Like

What wood is the plinth thanks ? Looks great

1 Like

Thanks, Bevo! It’s a cocobolo plinth from Woodsong Audio.

3 Likes

Along with the obligatory ‘slippers in shot’ i thought I’d post this shot of my Nova really enjoying itself playing the Nightwish Wachen concert, picture courtesy of Sony A90J OLED tv, and sound courtesy of B and W CM8 Series 2 big boxes. Other items include a Marantz 6007 cd player, Sony UX800 HD Blu-Ray player and an older Humax Freesat box. Cables behind the scenes are from various manufacturers but the Speaker cables and jumpers are by Tellurium -Black 11, the turntable under the cover is a most excellent Rega RP6. The listening room is by no means perfect but what can you do?

And how I prefer the speakers when SWMBO is out!

26 Likes

Is that the one by Barry Manilow

1 Like

64 Likes

That’s a great table HH

1 Like

HH,

In the recent years you have provided us with a dazzling striptease of black boxes. Are you planning to stop here or eventually leave the brand altogether?

2 Likes

I’ve wanted the Nova for a while and it was a question of finding speakers that worked with both it and my room. The setup is considerably cheaper than what went before, but works better for me. I’m very much intending it to be the stopping point. I know you’ve had your stuff for donkey’s years; your long term contentment is something I very much wish I could have achieved, but sadly not. Hey ho.

I did ponder a Linn Selekt, but the Nova and PMCs worked so well that I couldn’t be bothered to try it. Another benefit is that we are used to the app, and we use it on multiroom with the Qbs, which wouldn’t be possible with a Linn in the mix.

8 Likes

Thanks Chris. One of the motivations behind the Nova was to enable me to stick it on a piece of furniture rather than a bespoke hifi stand. I’ve had such trouble finding the right thing for it, but then I stumbled upon this little table. It’s an Ercol prototype; they made two, this one and one in painted grey. It’s got three legs, just like a Fraim!

5 Likes

You’ve probably guessed that I love the whole mid-century look and that Ercol is a thing of beauty!

3 Likes

I can understand these considerations very well and am faced with exactly the same decision. If the Nova had a phono input, the decision would already be made. But at the moment I’m leaning towards the Lindemann Musicbook. My goal is 1 device, 1 record player and two speakers.

3 Likes

Nothing at all wrong with Naim, but I can also vouch for the Lindemann Musicbook Source 2(I do not own one), it is a very nice piece of gear, and fairly reasonable(?) compared to many other things out there that do the same function.

I also have a few other Lindemann Limetree pieces that I rate very highly too, the Limetree Bridge 2/Network 2 and Phono 2. All used with various setups. Nice, small, great sounding products that I think get overlooked, maybe on price and form factor possibly?

4 Likes

Hi HH, you were loving those little Proacs, it would’ve been the most probable next step to go for the bigger series, the D2(R), have you been able to try the Nova with those, or you went straight for the PMCs? Btw, that walnut veneer is a thing of beauty.

1 Like

Sadly, my local dealer, the excellent Audio T in Portsmouth, doesn’t sell ProAc, so an easy home trial wasn’t possible. I borrowed the PMCs and the Nova for a long weekend, not expecting a great deal, but was bowled over at how well the combination worked in my room, which was enough for me. Anyway, the D2 is much larger and needs some space behind, which simply wouldn’t work for us. Hindsight is a wonderful thing of course, but I suspect the Tablettes were a little small, and they never filled the room in the same way as the PMCs. But they are wonderful speakers, and look so cute.

4 Likes

That’s a lovely plinth - not often I say this on this forum, but I am slightly envious

2 Likes