System Pics 2023

Really like the understated system and lovely room. Just curious: what is the soundbar you are using?

1 Like

Nice Kronos set up there :slight_smile:

Do not be embarrassed, that’s a killer system up to 99% of music listening public and a lovely room to boot.
I used to run a Planar 3, Mission Cyrus 1 (similar shoebox form factor) and Gale speakers and I’d have killed then for an RP6 and Nait 2!
As with all things in life, it’s about priorities and achieving enjoyment of your music within whatever budget you can give to it and you’ve clearly chosen wisely.
Enjoy your system!

5 Likes

54 Likes

A very well thought out system visually. Looks calm, sleek and classy. Well done @Klout10

1 Like

Hi Toscana it’s a Sonos Beam 2. Good enough for our condo and I really like the Sonos software which is stable and easy to use. Have a couple Sonos 1 speakers in back for small surrounds as well. Not big into home theatre, just wanted something that sounded better than the dreadful TV speakers.

2 Likes

Upgraded the Klimax Radikal to Klimax Radikal 2 in March.

Added the NDX2/XPSDR in June.

Found a Freshly/Serviced Recapped 252 two weeks later.

Swapped the XPSDR for Rega Aura in July.

Just added the Hugo TT a few weeks ago so it was an expensive 2022.

Hopefully my Krystal will make it though 2023 so I don’t have to spend anything this year.

33 Likes

62 Likes

So you’ve been secretly sneaking a new queen into the house me thinks, congrats on your S1, Sir !

1 Like

I was aiming to hear some of the top tier aavik and that dealer uses the borreson speakers but their is also a good deal on a pre-owned (but apparently not used) aavik I-280. maybe I should just grab that.my naim system is identical to what you had but also lp-12 and tuner and cd. thnx. Would the 280 also work well with 606?

Well I was very impressed with your demonstration of the beer glass support system integrated with the top of the S1! :wink:

3 Likes

I-280 would work perfectly with Kudos 606s. I feel the Aavik 280 level is the “sweet spot” in terms of performance vs cost. You should get a very good trade-in on your Naim equipment so cost to you should be reasonable. Don’t forget you also need to purchase a power cable for the I-280, it doesn’t come with one. I use the Ansuz X2 series and it works very well.

Aavik i-280 is simply a great amp.

1 Like

Might need a phono connection too. Not sure talk to your dealer.

Hello from NYC! Hope everyone’s holidays were fab.

63 Likes

Some of the systems I really enjoy looking at are, just well constructed made from ‘‘interesting’’ components such as Nait 2 and Falcon speakers

2 Likes

good socks

bless

8 Likes

That’s a great view out your window. Love NY haven’t been back for about 5 years, one of the most interesting cities in the world.

2 Likes

New York, New York…

“The city so nice they named it twice.”

2 Likes