System Pics 2023

Does the isolation cork improve the light lumens?

Take note @frenchrooster :wink:

2 Likes

It eliminates the risk of an accidental scratch mix. :wink:
If I knew who owned it I would ask them.

1 Like

I see your vintage transistor radio and raise you a gramophone :rofl:

50 Likes

Maybe HH could shed some…err…light on that?

3 Likes

Thanks All! My partner’s living room is a lovely room though sadly a Naim-free zone. This despite my exhortations and enthusiasm!

Thank you! The chair is by Andrew Martin. I have been told the design has changed slightly since this one was bought.

1 Like

I hope that wasn’t the starting point for the Solstice TT !

3 Likes

It’s one of the very first active loudspeaker designs!

3 Likes

Well there’s certainly no crossover in the way :wink:

2 Likes

Fancy giving these a run out.

Don’t think they are on equal runs of Nac 5.

5 Likes

Can’t get near the fire tonight! :fire:

56 Likes

Ah, salesforce.

1 Like

Not my Naim system…but I finally got my Marantz receiver back from the shop in working order. The guy is really slow, but there aren’t a lot of choices for vintage audio repair, and he is a really nice guy and his prices are very reasonable.

Can listen again in my “world’s smallest man cave.”

41 Likes

Marantz were always an aspirational brand in the in the 80s for me (and probably more). Their blue light was a draw card and still looks cool. :+1:

4 Likes

The man along the top right of the picture had my father arm wrestling with when he was in Sweden in 1958, it’s a bit fun to have a picture of that.

1 Like

Yup, partner conference in Amsterdam.

Excellent build quality as well as aspirational! I foolishly traded in my Marantz tape deck for a Nakamichi and wished I hadn’t. The minor sound quality uplift was more than wiped out by a myriad of mechanical issues :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Deleted, please remove.

2 Likes

I could only dream about a Nakamichi in those days. :grin:

I had one back in the day, but dropped tape as a medium before 2000 and let the deck go to a friend.
Don’t think I miss it, but it did sound good through my Linn Intek of the time😊