System Pics 2023

Apart from mixed tapes and in the car I never really listened to them at home. It was always a LP woh sorry vinnyl and CDs.

2 Likes

LP is just fine Pete😆

2 Likes

Or record. :grin:

1 Like

a test to improve the control of the bass with the Supernait, exchanged with nait 5i…

P.S. sorry for the mess

18 Likes

The SN will have great fun driving the loudspeakers.

1 Like

Exactly! it just dominated the bass and increased enjoyment

Yes the SN1 is good at that. It’s not so much a hifi amplifier but more a fun amplifier.

2 Likes

I decided to get one because I did a lot of taping of radio broadcasts; I’ve still got the recordings and they form part of a national archive.

It performed good service for about five years but the moving parts then started to malfunction and despite expensive “repairs” it could never be relied on again. Recording quality was really no better than its Marantz predecessor which was still in perfect condition when I traded it in after seven or eight years’ hard use.

1 Like

The new 222/300 and existing 250DR with the much upgraded 79 LP12 and one of the SCM40s. It is sounding fabulous and last night was spent listening to a mix of rips and vinyl with a full-fat bottle or two of San Miguel.

58 Likes

With moderation I hope :rofl:

3 Likes

Lovely mixed age system.

1 Like

Piega 611 Coax . My first high end speaker as replacement for my Kudos X3 and Harbeth 30.1. Very impressed and satisfied.

40 Likes

Good rug too.

3 Likes

Thanks Nick

I’d never heard of them but they certainly look impressive.

Enjoy your music.

1 Like

It is a swiss brand, which has been around in Europe for quite some time. I was so impressed by them in a shoot out against B&W 804 and Monitor Audio 300, that i bought them straight away.

That’s rare air I’ve always wanted to hear the 804s. I’ve never read a bad review about them so your speakers should good. :+1:

2 Likes

People always post pics of their kit, so I thought what about a few of all the boxes it comes in?

The boxes for all the new bits for the system and the new bedroom speakers.

The collection of hi-fi boxes in a messy garage.
As I was putting the new boxes away and my original 79 Linn box away, I thought about how little space the LP12, 42/110 and Kan boxes took up. A neat little pile in the back of a wardrobe would do if that was all the storage space you had.

How do people without garages or big attics store all their boxes?

17 Likes

It’s all here.

Ah OK, I thought it was another listening room reality thread and the extremes to which people are prepared to go with room treatment

3 Likes