System Pics 2023

Open a bottle of turps, lawnmower petrol and some weed killer and put them all in the damp corner along with the boxes.
Just so the next owner gets the full “Boxes stored in the garage experience”.
Could add some value to the sale.

1 Like

37 Likes

Love how you’ve captured the light
Great atmosphere

3 Likes

Great idea- will give it a go
Thank you

2 Likes

I was going to read all of this advice but I decided to skip to this bit… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Have you moved into a hi-fi shop, after hours?

11 Likes

It feels like it sometimes :rofl:

3 Likes

I think I’m 70-80% towards acquiring as many speakers as you albeit much lower end.

Have you ever thought about just putting a system in different rooms that suits the mood of the activity in the room? I always feel like I need a proper system in at least the living room, kitchen, office and others.

3 Likes

That room is 22.2 ft by 22.2 ft and it works very well with all those speakers as I only use the SBL’s and SL2’s with my main active Naim system and the other two pairs of speakers with my small 300B integrated.

Maybe having my Naim speakers at one side of the room and the other speakers at the other/opposite end would work better.

My only problem in that room is the big white wardrobe that’s behind my system in the pic above which means my Naim system is stuck about 6 ft out into the room.

I have another two pairs of speakers that are out of shot and a load of other stuff. :upside_down_face:

I’m planning a new garden/listening room.

Version 1:

Version 2

7 Likes

37 Likes

Initially I loved these Borresen Z2 Cryos. Top end and midrange terrific. Bass in my environment is a different story. Sometimes the bass seems just right, other times way too overwhelming. I’ve got some low frequency bass panels coming to try but I’m not confident. Bass is overwhelming on some material even if the speakers are pulled out 3 feet from the rear wall, which I can’t accommodate all the time. Not sure what I’m going to do yet. I’ll keep you folks posted.

That’s not a listening room. It’s an Aladdin’s cave with a lovely pair of SL2’s tucked away in the bac, so jealous

1 Like

Somebody’s having something of a “CD Fest”:joy:

My Z3 Cryo had way too much bass and hence had to go. Hope your bass panels help. Maybe try to use DSP to tame the bass, if this is possible.

Yes, a CD sort out

A trip to Ikea for some Kallax.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you mean :rofl:

22 Likes

Nice that you have both types of 72.
Do you have any preference ?

1 Like

If I’m honest I haven’t used them for a long time and didn’t really do an A/B but I guess if you had an old CD player then the CD input might be a good thing to have.

Just kept them in case I ever put a small system together 72 > HiCap > 140/250 > bookshelf speakers.

3 Likes

thanks sailorck. i am trying all angles.