System Pics 2023

My room is very tricky but speakers are 1.7m apart (centre of tweeter to centre of tweeter) and I sit c1.8m away so pretty close to equilateral triangle.

The speakers pretty much disappear and the sound sits above, behind and around the speakers. I do try and keep speakers away from side walls and as it’s a room that only I use I have complete flexibility.

Gary

1 Like

New lamp, that’s about it:

49 Likes

Yeah, but that’s a very cool-looking lamp! Details?

2 Likes

Ringing in the new year with a long awaited upgrade to the Graham LS 5/5.

Happy new year to all.

51 Likes

Loving the white Ovators, racking and room. Looks stunning.

1 Like

White Ovators……very rare……love my Zebrano👍

1 Like

Same system as last year, so not a full picture. Added what is called “the little village” that come’s alive at night and after a bottle of wine and Bowie at the Kit Kat Club it’s all sounding swell.

43 Likes

I prefer the Gahams 5/5s over the Ovators (no matter of colour :innocent:)
Fantastic new speakers, have fun

2 Likes

…but wait. I definitely prefer the Titan 808s over most others!
That are truly endgame speakers. Maybe WvL or Audionec, but thats kind of „doesnt matter“ in THAT region, huh?!

1 Like

:grimacing::innocent:

34 Likes

It’s called an Endon Kensington curved lamp.

They used to retail about £150 but can be had new for £45 on an certain auction site, less when certain offers are on.

It has a solid weight to it and looks the part. Throws a lovely amount of light onto the TT.

I saw it on the Rega Owners FB group and asked some guy where he got it from.

6 Likes

Alas, it appears to only be available in the UK…but thanks for the update.

Stunning…. Can u elaborate on your system
David

Nothing new since:

• The only Naim here are the Bananas on my K400.
    The sources are Linn: a fairly loaded LP12, a organiked KDS and PreAmps (monos) and Stereo PowerAmp by Lejonklou.
    Cables are a mix of Linn, Lejonklou and Chord.
    I have gear in mind to check out, but only when funds
    allow me to !) -

K

1 Like

Thanks, Dan! :slight_smile:

Zebrano lovely as well, would have bought them too if they would have been available on the used market.

1 Like

I remember seeing a pair in Zebrano, gorgeous looking speakers. Have to say they look great in white too :+1:

2 Likes

Placement is similar for me but with a very small 4mx3m room. Not exactly holographic sound but pretty damn close.

Always tricky with speaker placement in my room. I do try and keep some distance from the side walls to get a more direct sound.

I had to go down the GIK panels route to help bring the sound together - some ceiling, first reflection points and bass traps.

I don’t get brilliant bass per se as the construction of the room is far from ideal (plaster board with large gaps behind it). The Rel sub does go some way to help and I have a second on order for a stereo application.

Got the Fraim last year but waited to today to raise the Vulkan wall shelf so the stack would fit under. Space is scarce in this our second home so the extra floor space was welcomed. I also moved my Advance WTX tubestreamer permantly to my second home.

Also, the cat managed to damage one of my Harbeth 30.2 Anniversary and they have not arrived yet. The silver eucalyptus was all used up so it will be walnut. Harbeth put all the old stuff in the new boxes and make sure everything is up to spec. My old Linn 109s gets some exercise during the wait.

Only plan for 2023 is to send the 135s and the 52/SC to service.

35 Likes