System Pics 2023

It’s been a ‘white day’. Time for some green….

21 Likes

Back to reality, here’s a pano of the shed:

And a couple of gratuitous down the blouse shots:

23 Likes

How does it feel? :smile: The Classic feels dated already with the New Classic launched or good to go for another 10?

34 Likes

Dated is good, tried and tested. :grinning:

4 Likes

The New Classic (or whatever we’re calling it) design has left me totally cold - not as bad as when B&W went to grey midrange units and stopped doing proper wood finishes, but not dissimilar.

On the bright side, there’s twenty years’-worth of green/Classic kit out there that I can happily upgrade my way through for the rest of my days!

Mark

9 Likes

Hi, I like the table, can you let us know make model ?

Edit

I’m having second thoughts on tha aavik. The basic system seems (almost) affordable, but the “recommended” ansuz brand cables and power lines bring it into the no longer feasible territory. I’d like a relatively small integrated preferably with a built in phono stage. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to see/hear many well regarded brands and certainly not in the same venue, much less a home demo. To be continued…… (at least the search)

Not to me. Specs look good but aesthetically… - lets be charitable and just call it a Fail.

I’m glad I got my 252/SC/250 serviced and DR-d before this “new style” came out.

5 Likes

good luck on your search. lots of great integrateds out there, luxman, accuphase, rega, and many others. i’m sure you’ll find exactly what you’re looking for.

Surprisingly, most of them are too deep to fit on a quadraspire (existing) rack. It’s amazing how complicated it has become, even to just reduce the box count. The only “small” units still on my (just beginning again) list is both mola mola and audio net, both have received good press and (in better weather) are not too far afield for me to investigate them.

Quadraspire do a deep rack for such things. I have one from when I had a big Yamaha THX amp. I don’t need the depth now but hang on to that rack “just in case”.

rega osiris getting very good reviews. about 14 inches deep i believe. might be worth a look if the price works. kind of heavy though. have fun looking.

Not much of a system pic, I agree, maybe more about sharing my happiness to jump back into LP after 30 years.
Just got myself a P3 Elys2 with Moon LP110 into the Qute and P3ESR (the most imaginative ones will be able to spot them :wink:).

I love it already. (Yes, even with the under powered Harbeth! :slightly_smiling_face: )

Happy 2023 to all and wishing you health and sound wave happiness :wink:

…Ok, I’ll found a better picture angle somehow soon

18 Likes

Thanks @RIBA it’s a Dutch company, don’t know if it it allowed to post a link here, but a Google search for ‘tv kast amsterdam’ might do the trick :wink:

My entry level Hi Fi that has just been upgraded before Christmas with a couple of Morgana interconnects that have made it a lot more musical and has passed the wife test with flying colours.

34 Likes

The performance without Ansuz cabling is excellent. Consider the cables as add-ons not as must-haves. Anyway: I would also recommend a look into Audionet. I used to own a SAM which was also very good at a healthy price point.

What sort of price do barbets charge to do this? I have a set of m30s that are about 3 years old that have a damaged finish (veneer has chipped off) and wondering if it is worth doing before selling them?

Are we allowed to share pictures of that type of 3rd party interconnect?

1 Like

For new boxes including everything Sek 16 000 plus VAT, approx GBP 1250. That is for 2 speakers. Having a good furniture restorer to fix them would have been around 1/10:th. My speaker was “crushed” in one corner meaning that the integrity was compromised thus need for new box, and since they did not have spare boxes in Eucalyptus I needed to do both. Would it have been me, and not the cat, that caused the damage the insurance would have covered it…