System Pics 2024

Glad to hear it @QuickSticks. Looks wonderful, like I said.

1 Like

I particularly like the shelves with the half boxes. Looks really cool. So 3 HiCaps and a Superline. Very nice.

1 Like

Great looking space @Quicksticks.
Have you built a “plinth” underneath your “stacks”?
What did it involve if I may ask?
I’m looking at ideas as I’m planning on moving my system to a different room which, although more suitable in many ways, has a slightly bouncy floor.
Thanks

1 Like

@shanks15
That seems like a big change, but I like the look of the Burmester. It looks a quality build

1 Like

Thanks, yes the build quality is really nice. The sonic benefits were clear and present to my ears, to justify the change.

Hi Basil
Yes, it’s a platform that is isolated from the structure.
Here’s a link to the original post I made when we did it😊

2 Likes

Many thanks @Quicksticks :+1:
Looks like I’ve got a bit of a project ahead!!

1 Like

Come on, we’ve all seen pictures of black boxes before. Show us the Lego :grinning:

5 Likes

Here you go Chris, here’s what we did last night.

14 Likes

Finally re-assembled everything now that the Simrack has arrived :slight_smile:
Looks a lot better now but, more importantly, sounds a lot better too!

47 Likes

Very nice indeed

Final addition in place and I’m there (for a very goodly while!) Puritan PSM156. Now to let it all settle down and enjoy the music… :sunglasses:

38 Likes

Very nice. :clap:

I haven’t posted a picture for a while so here are two.

No system changes but we have a new carpet so everything had to be stripped down and removed. It was a good opportunity to do a rebuild and clean.

It was going so well until I was one level from the top and one of the NDS Burndies was stressed. I had to remove and reseat on the 555 (bottom box) which made me stressed as the shelf dislodged and sent the rear ball bearing into the corner!

All’s well that ends well. The system sounds as good as before, I could be kidding myself that it sounds better.

The carpet came from The Wilton Carpet Factory in Wilton, close to Salisbury where we buy all our carpets. It replaced similar that had lasted over 20 years. I expect Naim source the same which adds to the synergy (OK I made that bit up!).

43 Likes

After a system shelf reorder, all sounding wonderful.

CDX 2.2 / NAC 332 / NAP 350 / NAP 350 / XPSDR

54 Likes

Very nice…you wouldn’t happen to be a surveyor would you?

No, I am an IT Support Manager, although not for much longer, retiring at the end of May!

Why do you ask?

4 Likes

Thought you might be a surveyor I knew when working (lives in Poole etc etc).
Not that it’s relevant but you have a very similar system to me other than the vinyl side.
Enjoy your retirement!

1 Like

Enjoy your retirement. I’m retiring at the end of this month. Currently listening to my system is called ‘retirement practice’

5 Likes

Enjoy your retirement, nice room for your new career.

3 Likes