System Pics 2024

My modest system as it stands today. I used to have a tube amp, a tube phono stage and a tube hybrid CD player, but after some pretty colourful episodes I’m now using a Supernait 2, StageLine N and currently waiting for a brand new CD5si to arrive. There’s one Fraim Level in the rack, the top one, while the others are ‘just’ FraimLite. The old Sonus faber GPH pair dates from 2004 and stands in the end of NAC A5 cables :slight_smile:.

56 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Before enlarging your picture, I was thinking to see a Kuzma turntable.
What are the models of the Sonus Faber? They look nice.

2 Likes

Someone needs to tell ’ just call me Al ’ that speakers come in matching pairs .
before Alan takes over the world don’t you know

2 Likes

New speakers

54 Likes

Thanks! Yes, kuzma is a nickname I got years ago from some hifi enthusiasts because it happens to resemble my own surname. I’ve never had one of those though :). The speaker model is Grand Piano Home.

4 Likes

Still the same!
Although if I don’t disappear again soon upgraditis might kick in.

1 Like

Nope, used separately in two different rooms.

1 Like

It’s from IKEA. I think the model is “Bestå”. Went for the white version with matte glass top and added grey doors (different colors and finishes are available).

1 Like

I think a lot of us use the IKEA Besta. It comes in a huge number of configurations, colours, a couple different lengths.

I use racks for three systems but none would work visually in my office but a Besta looked good without breaking the bank.

Dumping some old photos from my phone I stubbed across this, the old 272/XPS, 250DR and CDi 5/Flat cap and the old Royds Priors. Life seemed much simpler then.

32 Likes

Your old system ? Good old fond memories :wink:

1 Like

Yes before adding a 252/SC, NDX2 and new Neat Orkestras.

2 Likes

“Old” classic sonus !! Very nice !! :clap:t2:

1 Like

DVC00066_1
The year was 2007. Yamaha THX amp. Bose 6.1 speakers. Sanyo Z3 projector.

10 Likes

Haha Those were the trend at that time !! And Yamaha triumphed over the THX format :smile:

I had those Bose speakers in a place in Sydney and was always disappointed. They were installed and built into a custom built wall unit, it wasn’t until I sold the house 2 years later that I found out I’d never had set them up properly. I sold them with the house and wall unit and the new loves them. Doh.

1 Like

I had those Bose speakers for 15 years in tiny or awkward shaped rooms. Brilliant value in those conditions.

1 Like

Bose was the sought after when comes to AV 5.1 channel at that time , I too has them , cabling running is a headache then :joy:

I remembered I got 2sets , one for my girlfriend then (now wife) and running those cables (can inbuilt at that time cos didn’t factored in during renovation) are a hassle :sweat_smile:

1 Like

So i had a soundproof layer on the floor topped with soundproof (and heavy as bloody hell) carpet tiles. I had cable channels cut in the under layer which was thick cork topped foam. Not a visible cable in sight. Poked through holes direct up into the stands.

1 Like