System Pics 2024

Hague blue is great. I didn’t get approval from my wife for the home office, but I’ll try again in a few years. In our case the home office is on the north side, so it would appear quite dark.

Farrow and Ball paint is mentioned and my wife is now very interested in the forum…I didn’t even say the words, it was like telepathy. She came into the room as I saw you lovely room and said ‘ooooh, farrow and ball. We should paint our lounge’. Cheers for that…

Nice system Andy, I love the way it slots into the alcove looking right at home. Perfect dimensions.

5 Likes

Direct her to F&B inspiration pages, dark colours work well in smaller spaces and dark rooms.

1 Like

When you complete the full 500 system my advice would be to just enjoy the music.

I know it’s difficult for us audiophiles to do this but too often we are curious about other gear. I’ve sampled so many things in the past few years, some gear has had qualities that surpassed my beloved 500 series. The SW1X gear for example has a fuller midrange and a super clean and quiet sound that has a similar effect to what some of the top end chord cables achieve but the flow of the music and leading edge wasn’t quite as pronounced on it. We’re talking very little difference here and I’m sure in a room that isn’t as well damped as mine these differences would go un noticed.

Looking forward to your impressions when you do have it all together.

4 Likes

Little Greene paint.

Just sayin’…

1 Like

We just returned to NYC from a trip to Europe and the jet lag has been a killer!

On the plus side, we get nice morning light in our apartment:

62 Likes

Looks an absolutely gorgeous system, cracking view as well, hope the jet lag passes soon.

I fancy giving the Devore range a listen one day, never heard them but seems to have universal high praise.

1 Like

Thanks, Adam!

I’ve had these Devores for 15 years now – they’re never fatiguing and seem to work well with whatever I throw at them. They also work well with Naim. I had a 282/250 system before the “tube bug” got me, hence the Leben integrated. (I still have an ARO and a CD5, though!)

All the best,
Joe

4 Likes

Shoe box hifi…

Image : items shown …
(1) LP12 → SuperLine + HiCap DR
(2) ZENmini S + LPSU
(3) NAC72 + HiCap DR

No changes in 2024.
So enjoying what we have, with lots of music.

Just playing The National “Laugh Track”, (2023).
Happy Sunday listening
R

77 Likes

Kudos on the NOW Car Boot Soul! It’s one of my favourite albums and is almost always in the first 5 or 6 albums I try when I make any system changes.
Beautiful system and, by the looks of it, view too!

3 Likes

Hey Joe, yeah I saw the Leben and instantly recognised it, featured in Hi-Fi Plus via Alan Sircom I think, but a spectacular review whoever it was amongst others, looks fantastic in combo with the rest of your setup and room.

I’m a big fan of Guru speakers and suspect that the presentation of Devore could be right up my street.

1 Like

That is a really nice system and I think you earn the gold medal for the tidiest hifi rack and zero cables being on show. I am jealous! I fear I have become OCD about cable tidying…

2 Likes

Yeah! Love Carboot Soul. I don’t know about you, but I always feel that the band’s name and their cover art suggest that the music’s going to be way more aggressive than it is.

Here’s the rest of the view, from earlier that same morning:

30 Likes

That’s a pretty good window to look out of every morning.

Nice one :+1:

3 Likes

Would never in my life settle in such a big city as NY, oh my god so many people. Love the pleasant pace of the countryside :smirk:

2 Likes

Holy wow that’s a system… and I thought six boxes was a lot! If you don’t mind, could you (or someone) walk me through what’s going on here? What are all the boxes and are they all running a single pair of speakers? Whatever it is, it’s nice. It’s like a fortress of Naim.

I can see John Travolta.

3 Likes

That’s a lovely looking plinth on your LP12. Woodsong, perhaps?

2 Likes

Hi Sandy,
wich cable do you use between your NAIT and your EVERSOLO ?

best regards

Will she be relaxed about you putting that picture of her on the internet :>o !