System Pics 2024

Indeed. I like having my music on vinyl (though I also use a Mu-so and Mu-so Qb for streaming) and the experience of putting on a record, not to mention my regular visits to a couple of local record shops. The only time I was a bit weary of all my records was when moving, twice, during last year …

39 Likes

Great vibe
Lovely room
And a record collection to browse and play.
Like what you’re doing over there…. :+1:

Secondary system. Behind the sofa live a NSS333, a NAC252DR and a NC250. The speakers are TAD ME1s which are burning in. The setup is hosted in a custom made cabinet. Very happy.

41 Likes

Two sets of Naim loudspeakers.

79 Likes

I absolutely love your Wood Burner AB, just so lovely👍🏼
The speakers are nice too…:wink:

4 Likes

That’s a class act in every way!

1 Like

Very nice and classy! A perfect place for a perfect gentleman.

2 Likes

And if ever there’s a fuel shortage, one of the pairs can go on the fire. It’s a win-win situation.

7 Likes

After all the wooden toys.

Quite so. Do you prefer one set of speakers to the other?

2 Likes

WOW! :scream:

1 Like

Nope. Both loudspeakers are good in their own way. The sbls have in this position a solid stone wall behind them, so I guess you know how they sound. I bought them because I was completely done with booming bass caused by ported loudspeakers.

I bought the Ovators since they are so well build and strong. Previous loudspeakers were damaged by the children.

The SBL’s sound magic in this position, but when I crank up the volume they start to sound shouty. I may add some absorption panels to mitigate unwanted reflections.

The Ovators are giants in their position and it’s like having one of your ears just before Emma Kirkby when she sings Bach arias. Unfortunately many details get lost in the room so the combination of sbls and Ovators is very complimentary.

5 Likes

What are the source and power for the SBL?

That looks a wonderful set up, your system and CDs. I do understand the appeal of CDs and LPs.

1 Like

SuperNait and an Atom HE. It’s not dependent on that though, I’ve used other gear as well to drive them. Perhaps I should get a 250 :slight_smile:

SBL loves a better source and higher spec Naim amp.
Better yet is to go active. Completely effortless sound. Their weakness is in their shitty xover.

3 Likes

I must add that I was listening to Bruckner 8 earlier today which is difficult for any system. All I have is an IXO for the sbls. The Ovators are active (2x 200’s) and there is no limit tuning up the volume.

1 Like

Time for a new picture.
RP8 added, also almost every black box has a Norstone anti vibration plate…don’t know whether it works but it looks nice. And as last I moved the NAP300PS to the right site, away from the 252. Moved the NDX2 away from the supercapDR.
Happy as it is.

54 Likes

A good looking system, I like the hifi stand can you tell me the make, it’s something I would like?

You mean the wooden furniture? I bought it second hand nearby. I don’t know the make. The lower part used to have drawers. I took them out because I needed more space😂

29 Likes