System Pics 2024

I’ve been running a 4-stack of Fraim for a while now, mostly because I had the room to do it, but I was never entirely happy with the amount of space it took up.

Having just done several month of auditioning to see whether I could replace my 552/300 with a reasonably priced integrated (I couldn’t!) I decided that now was the time to revert to 3 stacks. I tried brain/brawn (again) but it just doesn’t sound right; the below arrangement sounds much better to my ears. Strangely, I actually quite enjoyed the strip down, clean and reassembly - it helped a wet and dreary Sunday speed by.

I have concluded that an occasional strip down for a proper clean is a small price to pay for retaining a fabulous-sounding, multi-box system.

From Chaos

To harmony

Cheers,

Ian

95 Likes

Harmony looks smashing Ian

Wish I had the space to do that

3 Likes

Strangely therapeutic, isn’t it ?

Love the final photo. A great System Pic.
Happy listening, (albeit on three stacks now)…
R

5 Likes

Those three stacks look neat and tidy. :+1:

4 Likes

That looks fantastic Ian !!!

2 Likes

Needs another 555PS…

G

1 Like

Nice work Ian :ok_hand:

2 Likes

You’re a very naughty boy!

4 Likes

Not exactly my system just sunlight on dust.

23 Likes

This is great news! The rebuild looks great too.

4 Likes

Nice setup Ian but one question, does the black on the legs change in shade in real life or does it just look like that in the picture? It is usually difficult to get a fair picture, hence the question.

Out of curiosity, what integrateds did you listen to?

It’s just the light reflecting slightly differently off them; they are all equally black!

1 Like

Thrax Ares, Accuphase E-650, and Chord Ultima. I also had a dealer dem of a Moon pre/power combo.

1 Like

Very atmospheric!

1 Like

The system after the new additions, a 333, 332, extra 300 and a half-size stand, gone the 222.

74 Likes

Looks wonderful… bet it will sound great too

1 Like

Listening area… my ND5 XS is missing now

24 Likes

My new and compact system by way of contrast to all of the (incredibly excellent) multibox systems. Atom HE and PMC Twenty5 23i’s. Loving it

34 Likes

Looks fantastic Paul.

Really like the set up and all freshly decorated.

1 Like