System Pics 2024

Yup. And I reserve my personal right to disagree with the advice.

4 Likes

https://youtube.com/shorts/TaYo4nyvLW4?si=1d1FT_W5E3TrQIdg

Please excuse the shorts (and please delete if I am not allowed to link).

2 Likes

Poor guys up there in the shelf, they have to watch the action… :wink:

1 Like

64 Likes

Nice looking system there. What is it? CDS II, 52, 250? That’s a system that would send a very good signal indeed to your ATC speakers.

3 Likes

You nailed it!

1 Like

I thought they looked familiar (I used to own the same components).

Very good system balance. I bet you it sounds great.

1 Like

Thanks, Paul. It’s pretty great, I have to say. I’m very pleased. Just picked up the CDS2 yesterday. It’s in great shape but I realize it will become a doorstop at some point. I had to hear one while I had the chance.

Remind me - what’s your system these days? I thought I saw you discuss it at some point but I don’t see it in your profile.

7 Likes

Congratulations @snarfy. The combination looks and sounds awesome. There’s something about the CDS2 that sounds just right.

I have had 2 of them. Lovely sound. 52 is a great preamp too. Well done.

5 Likes

Happy days. Another CDS2 owner here. It’s possibly the best CD player out there. It digs deep in to the detail while maintaining the heart and soul of the music. So very involving.

I think you’re right, hearing a CDS2 should be done if possible. Naim absolutely nailed the balance between detail and emotion, and never bettered it imo. Have fun with it.

4 Likes

Indeed, fond memories of my cds2.

Gary

1 Like

I loved my CDS2, a great CD spinner and regretted selling it on. Partnered with the CDPS as I preferred this over the XPS power supply.

2 Likes

You need to update your system summary! :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

The fact it sounds so good is a given but there’s nothing more cooler than a pure olive system and will only get more cooler as time goes by.

Definitely deserves fraim though :grinning:

Edit:

…and SBLs :kissing_heart:

9 Likes

Thanks Dan. I recall comments from you and others who miss the CDS2. I’m glad I finally got a chance to hear one. It has not disappointed!
It’s a shame nothing can be done to support these machines. They are epic!

3 Likes

Well said, Graeme.

1 Like

Oh ha well I do have black SL2s. Waiting on some replacement pips from Tom Tom before reintroducing them.

I do need to investigate Fraim!

As far as maintaining a 100% Olive system I assume I’ll have to get a Naimed LP12 and an NAT 01 :wink:

2 Likes

An LP12 acquisition is such a parts bin of individuality i wouldn’t worry about that.

But just saying IMHO the Olive range is the most iconic and aesthetically pleasing of all the naim series, and probably always be so. :olive: :smile: :+1:

6 Likes

Wonderful setup. I used the exact same system for almost ten years. But with SBL.

2 Likes

A nice LP12 would be nice if you have vinyl already. Fraim and SL2s would be fantastic set up.

Depends how much money you have to burn. As it is your system will be superb. I really like your all Olive system.

2 Likes

What you really need is to hunt for some lovely DBLs😉

2 Likes