System Pics 2024

Best wishes Pete.

Edward

Pete. Looking forward to the updated photo with your feet back in the shoes. Wishing you a speedy and positive outcome.

Peter

3 Likes

Hi Pete, we’ve swapped messages previously, and am concerned that you are in a dire position right now, hope all goes well regardless of anything!!

2 Likes

some dusting to do under the SBL…

21 Likes

Izal 40 grit - like sandpaper😉

3 Likes

A ‘true mullet system’.

1 Like

If I get through this procedure and all goes well (which we’re confident that it’ll work) I should get another 5 years or so. That means I’ll be around for a bit longer and as friends often remind me only the good die young and I’m not one of them. :grin:

To everyone, thank you for your support and kind words they do mean a lot. Cheers.

48 Likes

We folk down under have a saying about this situation, but this is a too civilized forum for our kind of cheering. :grin:

Whatever you got to face, there’s a lot of people wishing you well mate!

7 Likes

It’d probably be what friends are already saying. Yep it’s a bit of a sht but I’m a fighter and there’s a lot worse than me. Cheers take care.

13 Likes

I don’t know what it is that ails you Pete, but I and my wife wish you the very best of health for now and the future from here in the UK. Take care young man!

1 Like

I have a rare blood cancer that can’t be cured (yet) but can be contained for a period of time. I’m in having a stem cell transplant.

Thank you both for your thoughts

29 Likes

Oh wish you all the best Pete

1 Like

Somehow I missed this. That’s awful Pete. I feel for you.

Life doesn’t just kick you when you’re down. It has a habbit of first knocking you down, then kicking you, then peeing on the carpet, and then shooting the dog.

As I often say, sometimes life is 36lbs of s%%t poured into a 24lb bag.

I hope the stem therapy holds it back and isn’t too grueling.

6 Likes

All the best Pete!

1 Like

Oh dear! Well, if it’s of any comfort my wife, Jane, has had two bouts of cancer, one of them a very serious (as yours is) Sarcoma, prior to that, meningacoccal meningitis and sepsis, all within 7 years and on the face of it has shrugged it all off, so if a (admittedly wonderful and gorgeous) housewife from the UK can achieve that, I’m sure a rugged Aussie can! All the best mate.

13 Likes

I’ll give my best but think we should back on topic before the thread police lose their bottle. :grin:

8 Likes

It’s my thread, you’re fine mate.

14 Likes

best of luck Pete

2 Likes

I hope that everything goes well for you down there Pete. Take care.

2 Likes

Hi Pete,

As a fellow cancer patient (lymphoma in 2022 and endocrine tumour of the bowel in 2023) all I can say is trust in the medical professionals and family to help you through. I also found playing chess on the ipad and following the forum a great comfort during convalescence.

ATB

Ray

6 Likes