System Pics 2024

It’s surprising how many people are affected by cancer, it’s obviously that our smarter world is actually contributing to us becoming more vulnerable. Plastic in the waterways plastic in the food we eat not to mention all the additives and chemicals they use has to be a factor.

But of course it maybe that we now have to ability to detect things that we might’ve been able to not that many years ago.

Either way it’s tragic hopefully they continue to discover new cures.

Also to anyone else here who’s gone through the experience or witnessed family and friends my heart goes out in sympathy and support.

23 Likes

I agree Pete, it is scary how many people are affected nowadays. I have lost multiple friends and family this way. Wishing you all the best, amazing what they can do nowadays so hopefully that 5 years becomes even more as further advances are made :+1:

5 Likes

The very best of luck Pete.

2 Likes

Dear Pete: in such situations I get always very emotional about people offering to donate cells and organs. Good luck!

2 Likes

If I squint my eyes, I can almost imagine there’s a 500DR on top of my rack. :star_struck:

29 Likes

I do to but these stem cells are mine that were harvested a few months ago as soon as I was remission.

3 Likes

Hope it all goes smoothly for you :+1:

2 Likes

:joy:

Looks like you have a nice little man cave there. I particularly like the xmas lights on the right hand side :laughing:

2 Likes

Best of luck @Pete_the_painter - hope things go smoothly and comfortably.

Have a therapeutic picture of some old CB gear. Medically proved to do something, though I’m not sure what :slight_smile:

37 Likes

Hi - my first contribution is a photo of my system- really enjoying my Nait 50.

51 Likes

Keep the updates coming if you are feeling well enough🦾

3 Likes

My mess of a room with the delightful NSC 222, Michell ‘Gorbe’ and active SCM 40s.

57 Likes

It’s a beautiful, organic, human mess of a room. It has that quelque chose.

5 Likes

My wife also sends her love all the way from Florida.

I know you wanted to get the thread back on track, but it’s difficult when one of the most popular people on the forum is up against it like this.

As @Gazza says, please keep us updated if you can.

7 Likes

I’m glad you’re in good spirits and “painting” a brighter picture for the future, Pete.
Wishing you all the best, young man!:pray:

3 Likes

Haha, thank you!

1 Like

I think it looks great too. It does remind me of a DJ booth though. A very upmarket DJ booth for the discerning gentleman though! :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Technically, this is a system pic

All the very best to @Pete_the_painter.

72 Likes

There’s a fund raising TV programme in the U.K. called Celebrity Stand Up to Cancer (SU2C) Bake Off in which ‘celebrities’ are given baking challenges, which are judged by Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith. At the commercial breaks there is an announcement which states that one in two of us will get cancer at some point in our lives.

I’m fairly sure you’re right that the world we have created is contributing to that statistic. Personally I just hope for the best, accepting that I can’t do much about it. I wish you all the best, Pete, and look forward to reading your posts when you’re recovering post-treatment.

5 Likes

It’s easy to achieve Dan, but it might cost a few quid more than your Brother printer mate…:face_with_peeking_eye:

2 Likes