System Pics 2024

Everything bliss. A room to enjoy and snuggle up in (I imagine bookshelves out of shot, and collections of weird and beautiful things). Lovely.

My audio bliss

35 Likes

Currently playing Tom Waits - Closing Time, seems quite fitting

3 Likes

I get why you put the 2 x 500DRs away for house move, but why did you get SL2s? Are you looking at keeping 808s still?

Or did you get SL2s for fun? Interested why you did it.

1 Like

Naim still sitting on $5 Amazon shoe organizers as we patiently await proper support. Other than that, NYC room is beginning to come together…

31 Likes

Got myself a NM Heed Elixir, sounds much bigger than 50wpc. Really good build-in phono stage. Smooth, detail and tube-like presence with prat.

23 Likes

Nice one, I love the Heed gear. I run the Quasar phono and a Canalot headphone amp off the big dual Obsleik power supply.

Looks like that room could get a bit hectic when the two large ‘sub-woofers’ are activated! All looks super chilled.

Peter

1 Like

With no proper listening room, i am trying to slowly conquer more space in the cupboard. Daughter is holding ground with her playstation. Recently she discovered that playstation sounds better with Naim and Sonus Faber. Not sure yet if this is a good or bad development :rofl:

39 Likes

Nice looking system and carpet.

1 Like

I’m sure she did. I would say anyone trying the combo of Naim and Sons Faber will fall in love :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for explaining. All makes perfect sense. S1 with 2 x 500DRs Snaxo 242 makes sense into SL2s.

So depending on how you get on with new home this could be your new set up.

See what happens with it all mate.

1 Like

Thanks mate.

I bought a 2018 Snaxo 242 dialled in for SL2’s today from Tom Tom. End of week delivery so not long to wait to find out what that brings to the party.

I hope that you make a speedy recovery after your next op. Everything crossed for you as you battle away manfully :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Thanks mate.

They cancelled the lung as they want to do liver first now. Waiting for date for liver op.

See what happens!

9 Likes

You’re going to get through this mate. You have a trip to mine to come after recovery (if slumming it with SL2’s still appeals :wink:). :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I’m very much looking forward to the visit. Get these two ops done and then bit of recovery time and I will be good then for the visit.

Look forward to hearing your new set up!

3 Likes

It’s hearing all what you have done with the turntable and the S1 with 500DR (possibly 2) to see what it can do. Will be very interesting to compare versus the 552 and 500DR I have.

Also you have done alot of work with the mains and sub floor.

I am sure the SL2s are incredibly musical speakers.

1 Like

They are great speakers Dan. This room was made for them sitting along the 19 foot wall firing across the 12. The floor and mains do a great job also. Bass is beautifully integrated, mids clean and fast but the tweeters are the real stars with their very clever design. Roy G was a genius IMO. You’ll enjoy the listen I’m sure :+1:

3 Likes

49 Likes

:grin:

77 Likes