System Pics 2024

My first rack was a TT2

Also had the T1 Wall Shelf.

Then my next one was also a Target Audio rack, but I can’t recall the model No.

I see that they are still being built in Canada, but I think mine were originally from Luton.

DG…

7 Likes

I have a couple of very similar TT5’s somewhere in the back of my garage amongst a heap of old Monitor Audio & KEF speakers and old Yamaha separates.

I think the TT5’s were originally bought from Audio-T about 35+ years ago when there was still a branch in Basingstoke.

Are you reusing the original shelves or going with something new?

2 Likes

TT2 was my first equipment stand also!

Picture from a Polish dealer, the rack is reminiscent of Fraim but of an unknown brand?:thinking:

19 Likes

Statement and only 1 PS on the ND555 :unamused: :wink:

1 Like

Maybe it’s an NDX2? :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Found an old picture of my TT5’s, slighlty different design to your TT4, wider rectangular (rather than square) tube used for the top frame and uprights, and no “bungs”. They still have their “Target” labels on them but facing to the rear in this picture as prefered the badges to be out of sight.

9 Likes

@kwhitmarsh
Hi
I used the original shelves great condition and polished up nice but I did think about but not done anything about replacements.
The weight of the Supernait 3 did make me wince a bit but so far but it’s an itch. :+1:t2:

1 Like

@DiggyGun
Hi
I’ve had a few versions of target in my time. :scream:

13 Likes

They were a very good make.

DG…

1 Like

Hi Dan. Well, I won’t be downsizing any time soon. The Nova was nicely packaged but was far too much of backwards step and only lasted two tracks. It was clear that I wouldn’t be going that route almost immediately and I only had an hour or so during lunch break. The bare 222/250 was better but still a long way short of what I have. Again, probably to be expected, but I did wonder if things had moved on sufficiently to narrow the gap enough. Apparently not, IMHO anyway. The dealer is going to bring the 222/npx300 round to my house at some point so I can compare that to the 252/SCDR/Bluesound Node2i/Qutest without all the other variables of room, speakers etc.

Speakers used were Goldnote A3 Evo II. Big sound for compact box, very neutral but ultimately too polite for my taste, maybe a bit HiFi? I would need longer with them in a better room to really do them fair justice. Neat Elite Classic. Very sweet sounding. I could see myself liking these. Totem Tribe Towers, in gloss red. Not my cup of tea at all. Maybe it was the room interaction but they sounded really shut in.

All the best, Mark.

1 Like

They were. My Target TT2 stand had a very successful, post LP12 supporting, second life as a plant stand in my Mum’s porch :joy:

2 Likes

I bet every plant grows great on it. :wink:

2 Likes

They did, but i’ve been told they’d have grown much better sitting on a Fraim :wink:

2 Likes

the rack is Rogoz 5SMX. 13k euros

1 Like

A system Pic for @Dan_M
Finally got the third shelf sorted in the TT/Source rack for the Phono Stage.
No difference in sound, but definitely looks neater and more balanced visually😊

I think the NDX2 is much happier now it’s not being crowded by the Cyrus PS😉

28 Likes

System 3 now up and running, Kef Ls50 Metas now in the cabin and firing across from the doors.

Looking forward to having the doors open in spring and sitting on the sofa, will move the weights for that.

Sounding really good on the end of the classic Densen gear.

22 Likes

But it comes with 9 shelves

2 Likes

I have a very similar rack to the second one - can’t remember the make, looks near identical except for the rounded off side thingies at the top - smokey glass shelves.

how do you decide when to fire the KEFs vs the Gurus?